LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    reported for backtalking a forum-watch member
    Alright, you win. I'll be a good little boy like PB&J

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Lately? Just about everyone. This forum seems to have become arguing about arguing. I mean I know it's summer but there must be something more fun.
    Amen.

10 characters

If you have a large predatory shark that repeatedly patrols (Large Marge) in shallow water like that it's got to go...sorry. I am all for protecting ecosystems and believe nature has a right to co-exist with humankind, but humans have a right to be in the ocean as well.
    If you had a f-ing grizzly bear walking down your road every day or circling the neighborhood park where kids were playing you are saying that it should be left alone?
    They should attach a torpedo to that shark cam...

Theres gonna be a human culling long before any shark culling, some of these comments have to be the stupidest things ive ever laid eyes on

So, you think the "odds" are in your favor? Afterall, your chances of being attacked by a shark is about 1 in 11.5 million. You're more likely to be struck by lightning, which is about a 1 to 280,000 chance. This Florida dude has already been bitten by a rattlesnake, he's been struck by lightning and now, he can add a shark to the list. Good read if you're living by the "odds."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07...est=latestnews

Quote Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
    Check out your PM's. And you should give some info on what area specifically you plan on moving to dude.

*Note, in PMs. Don't want Emass to find you and see that a new person in the area was killed by someone
    Checked / responded

* hahaha that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    reported for backtalking a forum-watch member
    Stand your ground BCN, Stand... your... ground....

"On Midway Atoll, a remote cluster of islands more than 2000 miles from the nearest continent, the detritus of our mass consumption surfaces in an astonishing place: inside the stomachs of thousands of dead baby albatrosses. The nesting chicks are fed lethal quantities of plastic by their parents, who mistake the floating trash for food as they forage over the vast polluted Pacific Ocean.
    For me, kneeling over their carcasses is like looking into a macabre mirror. These birds reflect back an appallingly emblematic result of the collective trance of our consumerism and runaway industrial growth. Like the albatross, we first-world humans find ourselves lacking the ability to discern anymore what is nourishing from what is toxic to our lives and our spirits. Choked to death on our waste, the mythical albatross calls upon us to recognize that our greatest challenge lies not out there, but in here."

http://www.chrisjordan.com/gallery/m...000313%2018x24

Go ahead. Kill some of those sharks swimming in "your" waters. Its only evolution, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by VineyardSurfer View Post
    I was born and raised on the Vineyard and I have to totally agree with shark-hunter. I see between 5-10 seals in the line-up every time I surf and I'm not even in Chatham where all the real seal colonies are! I've seen the seal population spike in my lifetime and with it came the sharks. A couple years ago my dad told me "you just wait someone is going to get attacked and then everyone will be up in arms!" Years ago they used to cull the seal population and did we ever have any problems with GW? NO! Fish stocks were also up as a result of not having a huge seal population. I bet if some of these tree huggers lost a family member to a shark they would have a totally different perspective. But honestly I could care less either way because the sharks are good for crowd control.

Californians have the right idea: http://www.sanclementetimes.com/blog...g-sign-a-hoax/
    My folks live on the vineyard and I visit them a couple of times a year and surf. I don't think I've ever be out and not seen at least one seal, especially at one particular spot. I've been waiting and the sharks are coming (or I should they are there but not seen). My guess is that if there is another attack in the next couple of years they will do something. Which ever way you look at it the tourist industry in that area is way too huge to sit back while people go elsewhere due to fear of sharks.