LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On our first dive before the "wall" hit. We had 30 feet of vis
    Carijoa riisei (aka. white telesto)
    P7270058.jpg

It's bad enough as it is with the beach "de" nourishment projects creating turbidity (cloudy water) and the increase potential for shark bites, but now we have both cloudy water and polluted dark water to surf in! Needless to say I have not been surfing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Protect Your Beach View Post
    Been in this fight for 5+ years. Thanks for writing down the basics, I didn't want the lead post to be about a page long. Most don't like the technical jargon. I work with 2 scientists locally and also am a team member of the Southeat Florida Coral Reef Initiative. I survey corals and fish species and abundance on our local nearshore reefs as well as restoration projects and monitoring in the St. Lucie River and Indian River Lagoon. I do not work for an agencey I am freelance which means i'm poor but I have a big mouth that I excerise frequently.
    I feel we are at a tipping point in regards to apathetic citizenry. On saturday we had 3,000 + people at the St. Lucie Locks protesting. If you would like please msg me for more info. Upcoming events:

AUG 8TH THURSDAY
    Thursday, Aug. 8. 2013, at 9 a.m. WATER RESOURCES ADVISORY COMMISSION
    http://library.constantcontact.com/d...a_08082013.pdf
    Indian RiverSide Park Frances Langford Dockside Pavilion
    1707 N.E. Indian River Drive
    Jensen Beach, FL 34957

AUG 11TH SUNDAY
    PEACEFUL PROTEST AT EVERY BEACH FROM JENSEN BEACH TO STUART BEACH.
    11AM EVERYONE WILL PROTEST AT THE WATERS EDGE.

AUG 22ND THURSDAY Senate committee on the Indian River Lagoon headed by Sen Negron
    FROM 10AM-9PM
    AT THE KANE CENTER IN STUART.
    If you have any flyers, PM me a digital file, I will print some, and hand some out here in Northern Palm Beach County. Your problem is our problem too ( not as bad yet ), and I am sure there are a few activists here that would like to know and share this information.

Images
    Jensen is my local zone. I am in however I can help. See ya Sunday.