close ad [x]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what about that standing wave in munich???

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    Haha, that would probably work better. Munich is a lot easier to get to.

Images
    remember that you'll be paying like $10/gallon. Expensive 16 hours in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    remember that you'll be paying like $10/gallon. Expensive 16 hours in the car.
    Yes, that is why I asked about it. If I knew there would be decent waves, it would be different.

I'd do it just to have done it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'd do it just to have done it at least once.
    Not if it would cost you $400 or more, just to find out you are at a lake. I am not interested in just going for a swim. I did that many times in the Mediterranean, which was very enjoyable and only cost $20 each way.

Images
    is this your first time to europe?. If so, just the culture shock might last a couple weeks, then you're probably going to get homesick and just wanna get the **** out of there. In other words, you're not going to have time to deal with much else.

If not your first time, the beer, culture, architecture, etc is about a good a surf substitute as any...the month will fly by.

Images
    Sounds like you've got your mind made up already. You'll be back to normal in a couple sessions after your month off.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Not if it would cost you $400 or more, just to find out you are at a lake. I am not interested in just going for a swim. I did that many times in the Mediterranean, which was very enjoyable and only cost $20 each way.
    Good point, maybe hitch hike over there?

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    is this your first time to europe?. If so, just the culture shock might last a couple weeks, then you're probably going to get homesick and just wanna get the **** out of there. In other words, you're not going to have time to deal with much else.

If not your first time, the beer, culture, architecture, etc is about a good a surf substitute as any...the month will fly by.
    Not my first time at all. I lived in Italy for about 3 months in 2006, then returned many times for week long meetings. I have been to Germany, France, and the UK for short visits. This is my first long stay in Germany. It is not by choice.

Place this code at the end of your tag: