LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Santa Cruz Surfboards

Thinking about getting a santa cruz gdeck model and i dont know much about the design or company, any input would be great! cheers

the shape and features look interesting...but the pop-out manufacturing doesn't. If SC PowerLyte is anything like a Surftech Tuflite, expect an extremely stiff and slow board that doesn't hold wax worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    the shape and features look interesting...but the pop-out manufacturing doesn't. If SC PowerLyte is anything like a Surftech Tuflite, expect an extremely stiff and slow board that doesn't hold wax worth a damn.
    yeah i agree completely. China boards man

Quote Originally Posted by Roar View Post
    yeah i agree completely. China boards man
    "The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please."

I've got a gdeck now and have owned a pumpkin seed and a archie. All have been great boards hold wax well but they are a little stiff. Every new board comes with fiberglass fins and a nice custom bag so that is a nice aspect of the company. No complaints here

Quote Originally Posted by dalecooter View Post
    I've got a gdeck now and have owned a pumpkin seed and a archie. All have been great boards hold wax well but they are a little stiff. Every new board comes with fiberglass fins and a nice custom bag so that is a nice aspect of the company. No complaints here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

would you like me to post pictures of my board now and former boards? trying to help a fellow surfer out and share my experience with the brand in question but i guess being a jack a$$ is the way to go instead

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    "The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please."
    so, Chinkman, isn't acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Roar View Post
    so, Chinkman, isn't acceptable?
    If you're talking about a fence installer maybe

Yo roar you r dancing a fine line with that tone. I'm sure your heritage isn't sweaky clean. No ones is. We as a surfing community can choose to not buy pop outs no matter where they r made. It starts with us. Oh by the way my wife is Chinese and I'm American.