LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    This is so true. Zero balls.
    Mad props for paddling out in that arctic H2O bro! You know you have my respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGOg8XhOBmQ

Here is a cool video of down south as Sandy passed offshore en route to NJ. I like the video from RI as they had the gumption to paddle in. OCMD was a tow in session, and I reckon those were barrels you could drive a truck through. Same with this video. I've surfed it lots bigger there, and paddled into, but Sandy swell had no lulls so a jet ski assist was advisable.

Images
    Ahhh... The age old soap opera ... Which is better- jersey or fl.... With a few other spots mixed in... Seriously? Again? Everyone knows that jersey got juice... Just some ppl don't want to admit it... Or will agree but throw in the 'but... This spot...'
    It's the east coast! Remember?!?!
    Ya- we get better and more consistent waves then the south... But the south has got warm water... Take your pick! Cold water gets old after a while...
    Can't wait for winter - but I guess I'm going to really miss all the summer pros...

I don't mind giving this up since every one here know about it. As Yogi Berra says: "No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post

I don't mind giving this up since every one here know about it. As Yogi Berra says: "No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
    that was the same video as before..

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    that was the same video as before..
    I am technologically challenged. I meant to send a link to a big day at Reef Road. I'll figure it out over the weekend. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Lots of places on the EC can hold large waves. This is Holden Beach NC during Hurricane Earl swell.
    Earl will always be welcome in SENC.

MG_0271-copy_2-510x340.jpg

You've surfed Pumphouse much bigger than that?

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post

Here is a cool video of down south as Sandy passed offshore en route to NJ. I like the video from RI as they had the gumption to paddle in. OCMD was a tow in session, and I reckon those were barrels you could drive a truck through. Same with this video. I've surfed it lots bigger there, and paddled into, but Sandy swell had no lulls so a jet ski assist was advisable.

They saved the best for last, that barrel was siiiiiiick!

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    You've surfed Pumphouse much bigger than that?
    When I was a youth, I've paddled in on 15 to 18 foot faces, and when at Reef Road on triple overhead days, sometimes you could see my bro Frog going down 20 + faces. I've seen people (2) helicoptered out of there after not making the left and hitting the jetty. Once on a very big day (15 -18 foot faces) I got sucked across and out the inlet after the wind switched hard out of the north, and saw a 50 foot dive boat sink going out the inlet as it got caught broadside by a 20 foot set. All you could see was the bow pulpit sticking out of the water, as the rest of the boat was tombstoning. Then I was surrounded by bouyancy compensators, heard the divers count off, then I paddled into a double overhead wave at Reef Road to get back into shore, then I paddled back across the inlet to get back home. So, the answer is yes, most definitely bro.