LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    That's sick dude... Good for you.
    I didn't realize that spot got so good. I thought Sandy was a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    When I was a youth, I've paddled in on 15 to 18 foot faces, and when at Reef Road on triple overhead days, sometimes you could see my bro Frog going down 20 + faces. I've seen people (2) helicoptered out of there after not making the left and hitting the jetty. Once on a very big day (15 -18 foot faces) I got sucked across and out the inlet after the wind switched hard out of the north, and saw a 50 foot dive boat sink going out the inlet as it got caught broadside by a 20 foot set. All you could see was the bow pulpit sticking out of the water, as the rest of the boat was tombstoning. Then I was surrounded by bouyancy compensators, heard the divers count off, then I paddled into a double overhead wave at Reef Road to get back into shore, then I paddled back across the inlet to get back home. So, the answer is yes, most definitely bro.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I thought Sandy was a freak.
    Oh she was / is.... oh yeah

That's sick dude... Good for you.
    I didn't realize that spot got so good. I thought Sandy was a freak.
    This was in March right after a cold front came through. We get big north swells in the Fall, Winter & Spring, due to low pressure systems (Winter Hurricanes/ Nor'easters) generating medium period large swell. Offshores, blue warm water and lots of crowds. These days I stick to 12 foot faces and below. Mostly 10 foot and below. So far this summer stomach high was the max. C'mon Lake Atlantic...WAKE UP!!!

You've surfed Pumphouse much bigger than that?
    theres an old surf dvd,like nrg or something,have it in the attack.theres a session,u might be able to find it on youtube."teahupoo comes to eastcoast" where matt kechele,cj hobgood,baron knowlton,few others tow into whats the biggest waves ever on the eastcoast,at reef road.no joke it was teahupoo on the eastcoast,big suckin barrels u could fit a bus in,tow in only,paddle was impossible.but that was one time after all the noreasters built a crazy sandbank off the jetty

anywhere to get a larger shot of the waves behind/over the houses? sick photo.

Images
    Just to make things clear for those who might not undertsand. Florida(the Pumphouse, Reef Road or wherever) gets 10 Foot + maybe two or three times a decade. The pumphouse or reef road isn't "double overhead" every day. And yes, Sandy was a freak. A complete freak of nature with a complete freak of nature swell for those down in Florida.

Man, people be throwin' out wave sizes on this thread, that the east coast rarely sees, like it be happening all the time.

Today, in my neck of the woods, it was 2-3', with a tad bigger set rolling through. Clean, well-shaped little nugs of bub, pounding an inside sandbar. But I'm curious of what some folks would call it size-wize. Not being el burro mas macho here, just curious.

Listening to this website's chatter, I sometimes think I'm on a different coast. Like, "double overhead" is a constant term thrown around up in here. I don't see any of these double overhead waves that seem so common around here. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Just to make things clear for those who might not undertsand. Florida(the Pumphouse, Reef Road or wherever) gets 10 Foot + maybe two or three times a decade. The pumphouse or reef road isn't "double overhead" every day. And yes, Sandy was a freak. A complete freak of nature with a complete freak of nature swell for those down in Florida.

Man, people be throwin' out wave sizes on this thread, that the east coast rarely sees, like it be happening all the time.

Today, in my neck of the woods, it was 2-3', with a tad bigger set rolling through. Clean, well-shaped little nugs of bub, pounding an inside sandbar. But I'm curious of what some folks would call it size-wize. Not being el burro mas macho here, just curious.

Listening to this website's chatter, I sometimes think I'm on a different coast. Like, "double overhead" is a constant term thrown around up in here. I don't see any of these double overhead waves that seem so common around here. Sorry.
    I am a wave pessimist. Some of the local guys will be claiming chest high waves, while I see them as only waist high.

southeast isnt florida home dog

p.s TOSS BEATS OR GO HOME.BLOODY.jpg

Images
    I don't know what to call it but we had some nugs this morning. Moving down the line in the pocket with the lip whistling in my ear. Waist? Chest? I could get Shakespearean and say a rose would be as sweet by any other name.

Defining the size of the wave doesn't enhance the stoke & thrill of the moment. It may only aid in sharing the story.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Aug 10, 2013 at 05:47 PM.