LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alaia Surfing

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    I didn't know there was ocean in North Texas. I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to ride it without some ocean.
    Wow, you are a witty character. Here is an idea; pull out the good ol' globe, and take a look where TX is located. Surely you already know, but you decided to be "original" and recite the same joke that has been told all too often. Go slap yourself with a soggy pair of pampers, and post some original garbage next time.

I dunno, OP said North Texas and the first thing that came to my mind was, "there ain't no waves in Amarillo."

But, go to CC and there are people riding alaias and paipos. I've posted this here before.

http://m.caller.com/photos/galleries...m-award/83698/

yeah i am just going to make it for fun and if it works great if not oh well

I didn't know there was ocean in North Texas. I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to ride it without some ocean.
    This is all texas
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOY8GCbHk7o

I just read my first post and it should have said north texas coast near gtown and surfside

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Look'n awesome man! You've been busy for sure.

What's up with you not posting build threads?
    I did with my hollow wooden boards. These were the precursors to those builds.

I didn't post build threads because i didn't want to have to give the ever elusive ride report afterwards. The ride report and my feelings on alaias in my area is that there are so few days that you can successfully ride an alaia that I don't want to waste a perfect day floundering around on the alaia.

With that being said, there is a new jetty that has recently been installed and we're supposed to get a renourishment project this winter. So hopefully the best of a bad thing will happen and we might get a little point break.

We have jetties and have had renourishment and ain't never got no point break up here! You will end up with a nice wave by the jetty, protected from winds on either side and maybe get a bit of refraction, and a gnarly shorebreak from the renourishment.

We just got a shore break with our renourishment
    Here's a cool Upper gulf coast video.

Quote Originally Posted by texansurfer View Post
    I just read my first post and it should have said north texas coast near gtown and surfside
    Wasn't try to be a total wise arse, and I did consult the globe before replying. I was looking at amarillo scratching my head. North coast...aahhh...that's a lot different. Never been there and never rode an alaia so other than knowing that ocean is a key factor in the equation, I'm of zero use to you. I still say go for it!

Wasn't try to be a total wise arse, and I did consult the globe before replying. I was looking at amarillo scratching my head. North coast...aahhh...that's a lot different. Never been there and never rode an alaia so other than knowing that ocean is a key factor in the equation, I'm of zero use to you. I still say go for it!
    Yeah i am just going to go for it!