LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Your welcome capcoddog I wi certainly share more of the ride report details and get video. Is there good surf around denisport mas on cape cod ? I will be there for a wedding in September and I've been debating to bring surf equipment seeing how I'll be there on the water for 3 days.
    I too have enjoyed the info, although it will be years from now when I build my first woodie. It is guaranteed, if you do not bring your board to the wedding, there will be epic waves. The question is: Do you make the sacrifice for the surf community of Dennisport, leave your gear home, and watch everyone catch waves, and have to scrounge for inferior equipment, or do you bring all your gear and watch it go lake like? (I always bring my gear just in case.... but I am a selfish bastard).

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I too have enjoyed the info, although it will be years from now when I build my first woodie. It is guaranteed, if you do not bring your board to the wedding, there will be epic waves. The question is: Do you make the sacrifice for the surf community of Dennisport, leave your gear home, and watch everyone catch waves, and have to scrounge for inferior equipment, or do you bring all your gear and watch it go lake like? (I always bring my gear just in case.... but I am a selfish bastard).
    Sisurfdog I will most definitely bring a board or two.. I'll be at the Pelham house resort which I've been told is on a beach and guests will be in beach cabins or something. So I'm curious to know of it's common for good spots all along that south facing edge of the cape ... Just below the arm like the arm pit of cape cod kinda in Martha's Vineyard sound I think.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    331
    Images
    5
    Dennisport is on the Nantucket sound side & it is not where the surfable waves are. However, you're only an ~25 minute drive from the Atlantic ocean side (national seashore) where there are waves. There should be waves in September. We've been getting swells throughout the summer. PM me if you want more specifics when that weekend approaches. Bottom line is you should bring a board(s).

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Dennisport is on the Nantucket sound side & it is not where the surfable waves are. However, you're only an ~25 minute drive from the Atlantic ocean side (national seashore) where there are waves. There should be waves in September. We've been getting swells throughout the summer. PM me if you want more specifics when that weekend approaches. Bottom line is you should bring a board(s).
    Ok so it's near Nantucket sound. Are there ever waves tho on that part of the cape ? It's south facing right ? I have a family beach house on matunuck beach in Rhode Island and that place goes off and it's south facing. I guess I just don't know how Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and block island will affect the surf on that part of the cape.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,076
    Images
    6
    Hey Charles do you need a groundskeeper in said beach house on matunuck?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    331
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Ok so it's near Nantucket sound. Are there ever waves tho on that part of the cape ? It's south facing right ? I have a family beach house on matunuck beach in Rhode Island and that place goes off and it's south facing. I guess I just don't know how Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and block island will affect the surf on that part of the cape.
    Monomoy, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard effectively block the southern/south eastern swells on the Southern side of the Cape. There may be other issues as well, i.e., beach slope contours, etc., but I will defer to the experts. I am unaware of any spots on the southern side of the Cape, but maybe some of the older surf veterans may have anecdotes contrary of some rare/unusual conditions that produced. RI does not have this problem, as southern/southeastern swells have a clear shot.

    By the way, the South side of the Cape (Nantucket & Vineyard Sounds) is an area where lots of Kite boarders and Wind surfers go.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Aug 13, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Hey Charles do you need a groundskeeper in said beach house on matunuck?
    We are in need of local carpenters to do up keep from time to time. I'm essentially a carpenter but I'm not gonna drive there to do the work in the off season seeing how its 2.5 hours from York Maine where I live. As far as lawn care goes I think some local boys do it on the cheap.. It's no trophy home but it's on the beach near deep hole which is a sweet surfing spot. Good hobie sailing there too in the point Judith harbor refuge

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Lets not think the Gang Buster stub has disappeared. This weekend in Maine I am expecting some great long period ground swell with off shore wind. I'm sure your all up to date with the tropical activity chugging up our east coast. I will do my best to capture video of the tunnel finned surfboard aka the coffe table with the St. Louis arch glued to the bottom. I have some buddies who are good at short boards so I will go out with my sup and film them testing it. Obviously I'll be testing it myself but I can't expect people to follow me around and film this type of stuff especially when the surfs good. image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,244
    Very interesting CT. I am curious about the ride, glide, turning ability. It looks like you might have a bit of trouble launching mad airs with the tunnel fin. It looks beautiful! Good luck tomorrow.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    545
    Where ya gonna be? Long Sands? Come up to Kennebunk and I'll run the camera for you!