LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    After reading the OP, I cried a little.

Looks good, man!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    That looks pretty good. Have you shaped foam or is this the start of your shaping endevours?
    Thanks! 2nd board ever. I made some alaias but those were pretty basic. So pretty much the start of the shaping endeavors.

OP: For a gnome apologist, as you are, just buy your one-way air to gnome farm NZ & stop with the goofy posts.

Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    you should call it the "morning wood" model
    Well played, mate. It's perfect for charging hard at dawn. Most certainly a thruster.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    OP: For a gnome apologist, as you are, just buy your one-way air to gnome farm NZ & stop with the goofy posts.
    Take it easy Francine. Sorry I got you worried or excited about a goodbye post.

I'm one of the few on this site that actually spoke to the gnome's design flaws and could point out why they were unappealing to me and my style of surfing (I won't say they were bad or performed worse.... He made a board that floats and performs how he wants it to on his wave. I disagree with him when he says they're better than modern shapes.) I really don't see where you can call me a RS apologist though. I've stuck up for other nonstandard shapers on the forum but I've never defended the gnome, he always beats me to it.

I would really love to go to nz but I think I'm ingrained too much in this America thing to jump ship yet. Plus I heard that at this point in my life they wouldn't take me if I immigrated there.

Images
    Hey could someone explain the "Francine," thing. I'm lost on that. Why youse guys keep calling people, "Francine?"

Yankee and Clemson don't get along? Wow. You guys should dig each other because you guys are top-notch swellinfo-ites. Semi-hippies, like John Lennon, used to call for peace, but even surf predictin' sites are such hostile environments. There's no hope. No hope.......

Images
    [QUOTE=Paddington Jetty Bear;183301]Hey could someone explain the "Francine," thing. I'm lost on that. Why youse guys keep calling people, "Francine?"QUOTE]

I don't claim to understand it but it hasn't been trademarked yet so I'll keep playing.

Back to the main question. I'm planning on riding the board with minimal sanding/finishing. I don't forsee any major problems other than cosmetic stuff. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Images
    I like the shape. I dont think its weird at all. Did you make the fins? They seem like they are pretty big.

By the way, thank you for saying this:

I won't say they were bad or performed worse.... He made a board that floats and performs how he wants it to on his wave.
    We all surf differently, and surf different spots and particular conditions that we think suit a specific type board. This can result in some really non-standard shapes that are purpose built.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I like the shape. I dont think its weird at all. Did you make the fins? They seem like they are pretty big.

By the way, thank you for saying this:

We all surf differently, and surf different spots and particular conditions that we think suit a specific type board. This can result in some really non-standard shapes that are purpose built.

Thanks! I made everything on it. I was gonna put a quad on but I didn't like the look of it so I did this instead. The idea for the fins was based on this guy.IMG_4092.jpg
    Kind of a "match the hatch" type thing. The board is short and wide so I tried to mimic fish that are short and wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    It seems I forgot the pictures.

Made pretty good progress on the hand plane too.

Attachment 8575Attachment 8576Attachment 8577Attachment 8578
    Good stuff man, i like the shape! Bet it catches a ton a waves