LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Surfer Attacked By Shark At SC Governor's cup @ The Washout

http://surf.transworld.net/100016414...g-esa-contest/

Horrible reporting, but you get the point.

I highly doubt it was a Bull, but the press already has it as "fact."

Glad he made it to shore safely.

Surfer or bodyboarder? "But as the shark’s jaws snatched his surfboard, the Myrtle Beach boy escaped unscathed about 5:30 p.m. when he unhooked the leash connecting his arm to the board"

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Glad he made it to shore safely.

Surfer or bodyboarder? "But as the shark’s jaws snatched his surfboard, the Myrtle Beach boy escaped unscathed about 5:30 p.m. when he unhooked the leash connecting his arm to the board"

Idiot reporters. Hell, it could have been a large "Old" Red Drum. But, since it's Shark Week, it MUST have been a Bull Shark! IMO the story would have ended very differently had it actually been a Bull.

Images
    could be a barracude as well maybe alligator im glad he wasnt hurt and they should label it a shark attack when it wasnt i hate when the media mislabels articles 70% of the time

Shark tangled in leash? Was that leash made from a 6 pack rings?

maybe it was just a dolphin.
    honestly why are you guys so angrily against the report that it was an 8ft bullshark?

Since none of you were there you should keep your comments to yourself......I was there and it was in fact a
    8ft. bull shark that had been hanging out in the area all day we had to pull my longboard heat (when we had the first sighting) out of the water which I actually thought it was a black tip but I didn't see it very well but some SUPers and the judges saw it and it was of considerable size....not a baracuta (idiot) thank the good Lord it wasn't your kid in that heat...it's not all fun and games when this stuff happens it's real and it had a profound affect on us all. So before you starting making your stupid jokes about something you have no clue about maybe show a little respect for this little grom who could have lost his life on Sunday and his family and friends who have been affected by this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfchic View Post
    ....not a baracuta (idiot)

You need to learn to spell before calling someone else an idiot.

In case you didn't know, Barracuda can be found in the surf and estuarial backwaters. A really big one used to hang out under my grandparent's floating docks when I was young.

Now, there is absolutely no way for them to tell unless they got a good look. It could just as well have been a Sand Tiger or Spinner. You can't tell a shark is a Bull unless you get a really close look at the front of their head and their eyes.

I don't see how any of the other posts are at all "disrespectful." But yeah, regardless, I'm glad the kid is ok...

Point taken I was upset and still am.....I am not a shark expert but it was definitely identified by more experienced folks who have been surfing and fishing in these waters for over 30 years who said that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfchic View Post
    Point taken I was upset and still am.....I am not a shark expert but it was definitely identified by more experienced folks who have been surfing and fishing in these waters for over 30 years who said that it was.
    Did you place in the event?