LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    can morbillivirus spread to humans as well?
    No, it is strictly a marine mammal virus. Although there are diseases that can spread from dolphins to humans, this isn't one of them.

Any possible relation to the 2010 oil spill? Gulf stream may have brought enough toxins into the Atlantic waters over the past couple of years to harm dolphins and whales

Images
    Why does this morbilivirus just attack dolphins? I feel like if it was manmade, either pollution or sonar it would affect more than one species right? Is IT possible that the sand replenishment could be stirring up decomposing parts of ocean organisims that could be affecting the dolphins swimming by the shoreline? Idk, it really sucks. Dolphins are like smart doggies to me, and I love 'em. If they keep dropping I'd bet that shark attacks in the mid Atlantic will be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Why does this morbilivirus just attack dolphins? I feel like if it was manmade, either pollution or sonar it would affect more than one species right? Is IT possible that the sand replenishment could be stirring up decomposing parts of ocean organisims that could be affecting the dolphins swimming by the shoreline? Idk, it really sucks. Dolphins are like smart doggies to me, and I love 'em. If they keep dropping I'd bet that shark attacks in the mid Atlantic will be more likely.
    A little more info on this virus:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9807724
    (dated Oct 1998)

Measles is a morbillivirus.
    Last edited by DosXX; Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM.