Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Flying with a longboard

Hey dudes,

Taking my first surf trip to Costa Rica in late June. Need some advice: I surf a longboard as I'm not that good. First, has anyone travelled with a longboard before? I'm unsure if I can bring it with me. I'm flying Delta. Also, will I be able to rent a decent board down there?

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by savman33 View Post
    Hey dudes,

Taking my first surf trip to Costa Rica in late June. Need some advice: I surf a longboard as I'm not that good. First, has anyone travelled with a longboard before? I'm unsure if I can bring it with me. I'm flying Delta. Also, will I be able to rent a decent board down there?

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!
    You can bring it, just have to pay the over-sized bag fee, every air line is different, Delta is probably expensive. You can rent boards down there too, which if "you aren't that good", that may be your best bet. FYI, if you progress in your surfing and become skilled, you can still ride a LB, it's acceptable. It's not just for newbs, so keep that LB and ride it with pride

OH, and I don't recall seeing a Herro Thread, maybe I missed it, but if you never introduced yourself, that's a good start as well. You'll get better advice and treatment from the gang if you do, trust me.

Cool. Thanks, DawnPatrol.

Images
    fk youuu savman hello thread mfers.

Cool. Thanks, DawnPatrol.
    Anytime dude

Go somewhere that you can rent a board. You already admitted you're not that good so there is no need for you to bring along fine tuned equipment. Just rent once you get there and save yourself $300+ in board fees, damage to your board, and the hassle of dragging around a boardbag in the airport and customs.

Do you sand reconne?

+ 1 - Who is you, we know what you ride, where do you reside?

I surf a longboard as I'm not that good.
    image.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg
    These guys surf longborts. They seem pretty good
    As long as you don't travel with a bort the size of the last one you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    Anywhey
    Welcomme and happy surf season

I'm actually decent at surfing. Didn't want to come off as a jerk. Reside in South shore, Massachusetts
    Last edited by ScooterRed; May 28, 2016 at 01:27 AM.