LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big surf purchases: talking yourself into pulling the trigger

It's hard when just a couple months ago you bought a new $600 stick. But I'm only in hatteras for two more days and that In The Eye 6'6 quad is so tempting and at less than 500 bucks.. decisions decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    It's hard when just a couple months ago you bought a new $600 stick. But I'm only in hatteras for two more days and that In The Eye 6'6 quad is so tempting and at less than 500 bucks.. decisions decisions
    You only live once. It's only money.

Images
    can you really afford it or are you just living for today, despite the consequences?

do you know how much that $600, put in a Roth IRA, would be worth at 70 years old?...I don't either. Will you care that you're poor at that age, considering you won't be able to do anything fun, anyhow...probably not. Will you still be alive then...no clue

Thought that:
    1) you were in Hingham, MA at the Cosby Family Ranch from Aug. 12-16
    2) you were in the process of or just finished crafting your first easy-bake stick

Francis Buxton, say it ain't so!!! You're not "real" either?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    can you really afford it or are you just living for today, despite the consequences?

do you know how much that $600, put in a Roth IRA, would be worth at 70 years old?...I don't either. Will you care that you're poor at that age, considering you won't be able to do anything fun, anyhow...probably not. Will you still be alive then...no clue
    Brads, the only currency of any value is stoke. Invest wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Thought that:
    1) you were in Hingham, MA at the Cosby Family Ranch from Aug. 12-16
    2) you were in the process of or just finished crafting your first easy-bake stick

Francis Buxton, say it ain't so!!! You're not "real" either?!?!
    Hingham, wow, I'll be in Scituate all weekend with the in-laws. Hoping to sneak out to shred gnar.

Oh yeah, btw, just buy the damn thing. You know you're going to anyway. You'll weight the pros and cons, and just like any time you want something, the pros will outweigh the cons. I do this at least once a week. So go for it...sell an old board to sort of make up for it...whatever helps you get over the buyer's remorse.
    Last edited by Mad Atom; Aug 15, 2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added "shred gnar"

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    do you know how much that $600, put in a Roth IRA, would be worth at 70 years old?...I don't either.
    Just over $11,000.

So. Shore MA brah! Not even the Cape, where there's even less gnar!

Uhh...uhh...er...I mean...there's 8-10' on the reg up here!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Just over $11,000.
    In today's money or 35-50 years from now? Because that's all subject to inflation (not talking party sheep, sorry Kath!).

Buy it....don't buy it....in a few months it will be the stick you bought a few months ago or the board you made a thread about and wound up happy you didnt buy.. Do you need it? Is it well within your budget. The trigger is yours to pull and your alone. What exactly is the purpose of this thread? Care to elaborate?