LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 757 Surfboards

Have you considered Hickman? He makes a good board and a local guy as well. Heck, I ride my Hickman fish just about every day. Some of you rats may see me ridin it in the slop out there today.

Are you looking for a versatile board? Be specific, but the above mentioned posts will point you in the right direction.

If all else, keep it local

China made + You = Don't do
    Last edited by KillaKiel; Aug 16, 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Ode to Hickman

Thanks for info, guys. I've heard good things about the other VB shapers mentioned but not a lot about 757; although I've seen their decals and some of their boards around. As mentioned I would like to help support local business - particularly the little guy if the product is good. Don't want to go the NSP or Torq route. Been to several of the local surf shops and talking with the folks there. Looking for an 8 ft x approx 22" x 3". Been surfing regularly since last Sept on an old, used beginner board and would soon like get something a little nicer - used or new. I'm 57, 5-10, 185 lbs.

I own one from each:
    Austin Rocketfish
    757 Tank (my name for it)
    Both shapers are good guys who work hard to understand how you surf & what you're trying to achieve with your surfing.
    Both brands are good boards.
    Both shapers understand what works in the local waters.

Austin is far more experienced & delivers a higher quality of workmanship. If you go for a longboard, I'd say Austin's your shaper. I still want to get a log made by Austin & will one of these days.
    BTW, whichever you select you're looking at 6 to 8 weeks to get your finished board.

Sell you my 9'6 RA WIR for $500....? Mint, never used, Clark foam, it's literally a new longboard.

I own a 757 surfboard, I like it , I think it is well made its an epoxy so its been pretty durable. I am life long surfer , and No I am not the guys friends or whatever , but Wrv suck to me the glassing is awful , Everyone starts some where so at 400 bucks I think its well worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    damn that sucks man. wish i could get to meet a fellow swellinfoian. i forget about the spicy pizza and the nice ladies. i wonder if i have to be present to win, my friend has a place at chicks and he wants to hit the oyster bar up too....
    I'd meet up with you but I hate VB and refuse to spend money there.

except for boards.

and refrig parts.

and weed.

But other than that, NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I'd meet up with you but I hate VB and refuse to spend money there.

except for boards.

and refrig parts.

and weed.

But other than that, NOTHING.

Ummm October is the Virginia Beach Craft Brew Fest... $20 all you can drink beer (think its 10 if you get them early)..... yeah I go to the boardwalk for that

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Sell you my 9'6 RA WIR for $500....? Mint, never used, Clark foam, it's literally a new longboard.
    I wasn't looking for a LB, but a WIR in that condition, at that price is tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I still want to get a log made by Austin & will one of these days.
    yankee, if you come to vb you better holler at me for a surf. Gotta see who's "real", ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    yankee, if you come to vb you better holler at me for a surf. Gotta see who's "real", ya know?
    I hear ya, general lee, I hear ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I wasn't looking for a LB, but a WIR in that condition, at that price is tempting.
    It's hanging on the wall, been hanging there for 5+ years. New, no kiddn. I'm one of those guys, I take care of my gear. If you want pics, ping me.