LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Foam tubing is a great way to protect your board, especially your rails. Simply cut a line down the entire tube, so you can slip the tube over your rails. It's pretty cheap and can be bought at most hardware stores. After padding your deck and bottom, wrap your board in saran wrap. Kudos to Jimmy, from The Cove, for the great advice.

As Losttsol already mentioned, don't forget your wax comb. So simple, yet so forgettable.

Have a blast, Emass!

Everything you normally use when surfing in warm water... Bring at least 2 of everything.
    You shouldn't need booties in C.A.
    Don't leave anything on the beach or in the car that you really need to be there when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Foam tubing is a great way to protect your board, especially your rails. Simply cut a line down the entire tube, so you can slip the tube over your rails. It's pretty cheap and can be bought at most hardware stores. After padding your deck and bottom, wrap your board in saran wrap. Kudos to Jimmy, from The Cove, for the great advice.

As Losttsol already mentioned, don't forget your wax comb. So simple, yet so forgettable.

Have a blast, Emass!
    +1 They sell it with the slits already in them, go to Home Depot or Lowes and look in the plumbing department, I did this when I went to PR and it worked like a charm, cover all rails, tails and noses, and then put one across the center of the board if there is room

one more thing ... if you do bring your boards ... get some bubble wrap or that foam pipe insulation from home depot. I used that to wrap my rails and no issues there, 2 six-or 8 foot section and cut once down the middle, fits right over the rail .... it was my deck that got dinged. Really no big deal ... just annoying since it was a new board.

also good for poor man surf racks

Be sure to bring a book of matches, a small mirror, a piece of aluminum foil, a tarp, a Swiss army knife, a reel of fishing line, an empty glass jar, sewing needles, and a great attitude. You can survive anywhere with only these items.

Bring lots of cool surf stickers and a few cool T Shirts to barter with. Give the stickers away to all the local kids in the cantina post surf, they may give you a wave or two the next day. Pack a bunch of extra leashes too, they don't take up a lot of room, are highly sought after, and they can be traded for stuff. A smile and a sincere "Bueno" gets you far. Make sure your leash is brand new, so you don't have to swim far. And look for the rips to get you out past the impact zone. And bring antibiotics and gargle with rum after you surf.

Sunscreen, bug dope, cord let and hammock. Oh ya can get one dirt cheap there. Enjoy n have fun.

Oh I forgot ur ur check book for ur onterage watching ya on 25 footers.

Where in Central America are you headed? What to bring to CR is different than Nica or ES.
    A couple things not mentioned- Cipro for "Baja Belly", good waterproof tape (J&J) in the first aid kit. extra leash strings (these break almost as often as leashes) Also I find reef booties are worth packing, take almost no room, weigh nothing and if you fark up your feet you will be so glad you brought them.

When I pack my board bag I stuff a half inflated soccer ball @ the nose and tail- it is a great bumper. When I get down there I use my small portable hand pump and pump em up - then I find a kid and let them have the soccer ball. The smile you get is priceless.

bueno suerte