LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suprise swell...PUMPING in RI today!!

Paddle out was brutal. I could barely make out it. Solid overhead beach breaks bombs coming in......and then I woke up from my daytime nap

This flat spell is driving me crazy. A solid 7 days with no waves and still nothing on the horizon. This would make it 2 years in a row with no hurricane/tropical swell during memorial to labor day time period. We almost almost get at least one. This was actually a pretty good summer up until now. All we need is the last week of August to deliver and it will go down as a good summer. Hopefully that biatch Erin gets her act together and comes close enough to give us a bump. Waist high would be just fine by me.

Oh and how many people didn't bother to check the surf and read the headline and though oh ****....I missed out today.

went out this morning; got wet, caught some ankle biters called it a day. Should have something here tomrw afternoon.

Guess you forgot about Andrea?

In VA Bch at around noon today it was very choppy but chest high and rideable. When I saw the red flags out at Dam Neck (they must have had to dust them off) I thought it might be promising. Paddling out through the chop and white water was a workout at times. Out of shape from all those 0-1 days. I'm tired and sore now, but it's a good thing.

I just paddled again. For a mile or two. Against a current, in half a foot wind chop. Then stroked back with the current. It sucked. We neeeeeed waaaaaves!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    In VA Bch at around noon today it was very choppy but chest high and rideable. When I saw the red flags out at Dam Neck (they must have had to dust them off) I thought it might be promising. Paddling out through the chop and white water was a workout at times. Out of shape from all those 0-1 days. I'm tired and sore now, but it's a good thing.
    I was huffin puffin like a fat boy running with lead shoes. It was good to get wet. had a weird petroleum/fecal stank to it. but I got wet. and belly whopped a few. stood up and sank and a few.

ECSC starts Monday is why. 99% of those had no waves. the one time it was of professional height, the postponed because it was too big. they have had a few rideable days.

Images
    Outer Banks has been really good this summer! I'm surprised at how many days we have had. These past 3-4 days have been ranging from 5-6ft with ofcourse wind chop but it has been fun! Hope you guys get some soon!

Images
    Fun in Maryland today, choppy but some waist to chest high slop.

This is why I have a skateboard, a motorcycle and too many snowboards...

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Paddle out was brutal. I could barely make out it. Solid overhead beach breaks bombs coming in......and then I woke up from my daytime nap

This flat spell is driving me crazy. A solid 7 days with no waves and still nothing on the horizon. This would make it 2 years in a row with no hurricane/tropical swell during memorial to labor day time period. We almost almost get at least one. This was actually a pretty good summer up until now. All we need is the last week of August to deliver and it will go down as a good summer. Hopefully that biatch Erin gets her act together and comes close enough to give us a bump. Waist high would be just fine by me.

Oh and how many people didn't bother to check the surf and read the headline and though oh ****....I missed out today.

Quote Originally Posted by ginsumagic View Post
    This is why I have a skateboard, a motorcycle and too many snowboards...
    How was the snowboarding this weekend? If you found a hill with mud/loose gravel it would probably be better than the surfing conditions.

I have zero interest in the other two so you're lucky you have something else
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 18, 2013 at 02:12 AM.