LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd even Take shore break right now!

Many this flat spell is getting really long in the tooth now... an no I didnt "score" yesterday.
    but I'd take some shore breakers like this!!!
    http://vimeo.com/51541185

Dang, I was going to say, should have been there yesterday, but I won't bother.

Gnarly vid though, it wasn't quite that good yesterday.

I'm with you brah. A week ago Sunday I did take shorebreak at high tide. Had to hunt down the single wave that closed out from 2-3ft every half hour when it "jacked up" then dropped right into 3 inches of water. A good challenge though to land the takeoff smooth in next to nothing and not scrape skegs. I'll take it. Man's gotta eat, right?

Images
    Hey Mfitz, I know you don't like me because you got the devil in you, but just you a listen.....

It's not considered a flat spell just because you don't get on it. There were waves Sunday. Sunday evening was actually kind of fun, 2-4'...my spot faces south so it wasn't too choppy, wave faces actually were fairly clean and had some shape. Plus, I love the drift, man. Makes things interesting

And yesterday was fun as well. Glassy, 2-3'...... bigger peaks here and there.

I'm no Queens expert, but maybe that place sucks? You should start slanging dope or something so you can have the money and time to travel to glorified Jersey spots. Use the vast resources of New York City to your advantage. Dude, I hear Bayhead's sick.

Anyways, I'll look forward to a snarky retort from you, Mfitz. Try not to hurt me too bad. But dude, it's not a flat spell just because you keep "missing" it. Good Luck, Mfitz, may the stars align for you some day. You'll surf one of these days.

Thanks for sharing the vid, Kelly's ride at the end was perfection.. well ridden.

WTF am I having deja vu.. has this been posted before?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey Mfitz, I know you don't like me because you got the devil in you, but just you a listen.....

It's not considered a flat spell just because you don't get on it. There were waves Sunday. Sunday evening was actually kind of fun, 2-4'...my spot faces south so it wasn't too choppy, wave faces actually were fairly clean and had some shape. Plus, I love the drift, man. Makes things interesting

I'm no Queens expert, but maybe that place sucks? You should start slanging dope or something so you can have the money and time to travel to glorified Jersey spots. Use the vast resources of New York City to your advantage. Dude, I hear Bayhead's sick.

Anyways, I'll look forward to a snarky retort from you, Mfitz. Try not to hurt me too bad. But dude, it's not a flat spell just because you keep "missing" it. Good Luck, Mfitz, may the stars align for you some day. You'll surf one of these days.

i wouldnt consider 2ft waves worthy of time.this summer been flatter than a pancake from mcdonalds.bayhead sucks by the way.i know real locals overthere that live in point,montoloking,bayhead,and brick and you can never get a wave because all the jersey pros go there and the surfarazzi that clog the water is equivlant to pipeline in jersey.yea the waves can get epic there,but its sand,and jersey is full of sand.so if you dont surf on the same level as sam hammer or the oc boys,packing their lineup will make your session a hard one.i stick to my area in northern monmouth from the cove to elberon.and since beach replinishment just finished up there,there isnt a quality wave anywhere in this vicinity.but hey,just cus the waves arent there,doesnt mean you cant have fun at the beach.i once saw cory lopez get barreled in 1ft shorebreak

Yeah, it was chest high down here and I missed it while at work, but definitely was not flat, I just couldn't make it.

Images
    Cep- this summer hasn't been flatter than a pancake. I really wonder aboot people on here. Anyone who knows anything should know that the east coast can have summers where it never gets bigger than 1-2' from late June through early August. This hasn't been one of them years. Not at all. Maybe there's no waves where you are because your breaks are covered in sand? I don't know. Ahhh, EL BURRO MAS MACHO. He don't surf unless it's 6 foot, hence he only surfs 15 or so times a year.

Yep, Bayhead sucks. There's more than one jetty there ya know........so you can avoid Andrew Gessler if need be.

Kookiemonster - could you explain what you meant by that post of yours. Deja Vu? Like, could you elaborate?

Man, this is the present state of surfing, huh? A bunch of novices on surf predicting sites talking out their arses aboot things they know nothing aboot. Dudes complaining aboot flatspells on a computer when there has been waves the two previous days. Dudes who think the east coast gets their waves from distant Atlantic Storms and doesn't realize we get 97% of our waves from localized storms. Dudes who depend on websites to know if there are waves........ Wow. Sad..............

And SUP, according to Fitz and others, you're supposed to say there's a lenghty flat spell, and the whole summer has sucked, and that you're too macho to bother with 3 foot days. You know how we had a "Who be keeping it real" hodown the other week.......Well it's pretty easy to tell. Anybody who thinks this summmer has been horrible obviously hasn't spent many summers on the east coast. No, it wasn't epic, but it was farrrrrr from the worst.

Sorry SUP that you couldn't make it yesterday. See people, SUP is dedicated. I don't care where you live, it's all aboot dedication. He gets up early and drives every weekend to get to the east side. And he surfs whatever the Atlantic has to offer. He don't sit twenty minutes away from the beach making excuses, and complaining on SWELLINFO.COM

Cep- this summer hasn't been flatter than a pancake. I really wonder aboot people on here. Anyone who knows anything should know that the east coast can have summers where it never gets bigger than 1-2' from late June through early August. This hasn't been one of them years. Not at all. Maybe there's no waves where you are because your breaks are covered in sand? I don't know. Ahhh, EL BURRO MAS MACHO. He don't surf unless it's 6 foot, hence he only surfs 15 or so times a year.

Yep, Bayhead sucks. There's more than one jetty there ya know........so you can avoid Andrew Gessler if need be.

Kookiemonster - could you explain what you meant by that post of yours. Deja Vu? Like, could you elaborate?

Man, this is the present state of surfing, huh? A bunch of novices on surf predicting sites talking out their arses aboot things they know nothing aboot. Dudes complaining aboot flatspells on a computer when there has been waves the two previous days. Dudes who think the east coast gets their waves from distant Atlantic Storms and doesn't realize we get 97% of our waves from localized storms. Dudes who depend on websites to know if there are waves........ Wow. Sad..............

And SUP, according to Fitz and others, you're supposed to say there's a lenghty flat spell, and the whole summer has sucked, and that you're too macho to bother with 3 foot days. You know how we had a "Who be keeping it real" hodown the other week.......Well it's pretty easy to tell. Anybody who thinks this summmer has been horrible obviously hasn't spent many summers on the east coast. No, it wasn't epic, but it was farrrrrr from the worst.

Sorry SUP that you couldn't make it yesterday. See people, SUP is dedicated. I don't care where you live, it's all aboot dedication. He gets up early and drives every weekend to get to the east side. And he surfs whatever the Atlantic has to offer. He don't sit twenty minutes away from the beach making excuses, and complaining on SWELLINFO.COM
    PJB my friend, the local state of surfing is highly dependent on the internet forecasts and yesterday was the perfect example of how you can score some surf all to yourself when the forecast calls for 2 foot dribble. I caught it good lastnite, sounds like you did as well. Lets keep this internet dependency thing going....

Also, how was your trip the Island?