LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Hurricanes

1. WTF Hurricanes

This is bunk. No mas hurricanes.

im bummed too

Images
    It's my first full fall season back on the east coast. I moved here last year just in time for Sandy, but that was about the only decent swell I got until Winter. You guys can blame me. I think I skunked the whole season for everyone this year. Just my luck.

it's still early, really. calm yourselves.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfthewall11 View Post
    This is bunk. No mas hurricanes.
    come back in a month - if we haven't a good swell by then, we'll join you in a group hug. the season peaks in mid-September.

shhhh people are still recovering from sandy. keep the cane talk down becareful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    shhhh people are still recovering from sandy. keep the cane talk down becareful what you wish for
    Oh give me a break. More people die from heat waves than hurricanes. Any loss of life in a hurricane is totally avoidable. It's all loss of property and and 98% of property damage is totally avoidable by not building so close to the ocean. Our coastline should be at least 75% national protected areas anyway. Not homes for millionaires who get subsidies. People build houses on stilts and are at risk of damage in some areas every time a low pressure system goes near, forget a hurricane. That should tell you something. And surfers don't want landfall anyway. They want that sucker spinning out in the Atlantic, which is what the majority do. We want waves, not destruction. Sandy was a FLUKE. Remember hurricane bill? Now that's what I'm talking about. Hurricanes are a natural meteorological phenomenon and is the way the planet distributes moisture.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Hurricanes are a natural meteorological phenomenon and is the way the planet distributes moisture.
    This is a very good public statement and I need something similar for a response to when my friends and acquaintances tell me on weekend nights "you don't know your own strength."

Oh and I should add they've done numerous studies showing how overdeveloping a coastline like jersey has robs the area of sand. Marshes trap sand and help replenish it naturally. We are destroying our coastline with over development. I'm not trying to be insenstive to people had destruction during sandy and no one wants to see destruction. I'm Just telling it like it is. Would have said the same thing before sandy and now after sandy.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Oh give me a break. More people die from heat waves than hurricanes. Any loss of life in a hurricane is totally avoidable. It's all loss of property and and 98% of property damage is totally avoidable by not building so close to the ocean. Our coastline should be at least 75% national protected areas anyway. Not homes for millionaires who get subsidies. People build houses on stilts and are at risk of damage in some areas every time a low pressure system goes near, forget a hurricane. That should tell you something. And surfers don't want landfall anyway. They want that sucker spinning out in the Atlantic, which is what the majority do. We want waves, not destruction. Sandy was a FLUKE. Remember hurricane bill? Now that's what I'm talking about. Hurricanes are a natural meteorological phenomenon and is the way the planet distributes moisture.
    I will not give you a break. I live in NJ and we DO NOT want a hurricane that will damage our coast any more, of course we want waves. We have come a long way since the storm hit, but there is still a long way to go. There are still some areas that are weakly protected and susceptible to damage with a dangerous storm. I don't care that you don't care. What is a day of surfing compared to someone else's entire life of material things and their home destroyed? Nothing. Go think.