LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Best place for rental?-Jaco

Where should I go to rent boards? Will be in Jaco and then exploring down the coast from there. Want to make sure I can get some good boards at a good rate. Need to rent from a place in Jaco so that I can get in a morning sesh before heading back to the airport the last day.

not sure but be SUPER careful about what you rent. Lots of scams on board rentals. A good one is to put out very thin glassed boards that break easy. you rent it, snap it and are out big $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    not sure but be SUPER careful about what you rent. Lots of scams on board rentals. A good one is to put out very thin glassed boards that break easy. you rent it, snap it and are out big $$$.
    This the case in ES as well? How prevalent? All the surf camps/hotels seem to have a decent quiver for $10/day. Will pay for itself 3x over in saving airline fees not to mention stress of the liability of carrying your sticks with you.

Images
    Sorry I can't be specific about a certain shop, but I just got back from there and there are larger sized shops all over downtown Jaco. There are a couple nice sized ones with many boards near surf dog cafe. You shouldn't have any difficulty finding something decent. Have fun!

Carton has the best selection. I was able to get a brand new board to rent at reasonable price. Huge selection.

just buy a used board from one of the many shops and resell it at the end of the trip, it'll be a lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by pcsurfer2 View Post
    just buy a used board from one of the many shops and resell it at the end of the trip, it'll be a lot cheaper
    Seems like this would cut into my last day time...a rental just gets dropped and go.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mushdoc View Post
    Seems like this would cut into my last day time...a rental just gets dropped and go.
    Agreed. You will also get a better deal if you (and friends) are renting more than one. I was able to get a board for me and my girlfriend for $200 total for 6 days. Barter with them and youll do fine.

Rented a nice board last year in Jaco for $15/day. Can't remember the name but the shop was on the ocean side of the main drag just south of the only bridge on that road.

That was pretty cryptic. Just looked it up. It's http://www.jasssurfshop.com on Pastor Díaz Ave.
    Good selection of boards from all over the world. Easy to deal with too. Well worth not having to deal with a board at the airport.

http://www.waltersurfshop.com/

The guys in the link above worked for me.