LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340

    UNCW Kook Fest LIVE!!!!!

    http://surfchex.com

    Get your fill of Dormroom "Locals" littering our best break with a constantly changing melange of Kook Confetti LIVE on surfchex.


    I might cruise down there and see if I can get a count of Maori and Puka necklaces, Hollister t-shirts and other "surfer dude" gear.

    I hope to get lucky and snap a pic for a viable and sure-to-trend photo on Kook Of The Day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,147
    the holy grail photo would be hollister shorts and rashie, puka shell necklace and zinka carrying and nsp or bic without wax.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    the holy grail photo would be hollister shorts and rashie, puka shell necklace and zinka carrying and nsp or bic without wax.

    Don't forget the fins in backwards!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    the holy grail photo would be hollister shorts and rashie, puka shell necklace and zinka carrying and nsp or bic without wax.
    ..........standing in the white water, facing the beach and getting clobbered by a nice bit of shore break. Happy hunting E.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    the holy grail photo would be hollister shorts and rashie, puka shell necklace and zinka carrying and nsp or bic without wax.
    Make that red zinka.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Hey, has classes started there yet? Y'all southern schools start wayyy too early. Man, you can't learn nothing until Labor Day has passed.

    Hmm, this presents a weird scenario.......as I happily watch the summer crowd leave post-Labor Day, Erock gets bombarded by college students. That's messed-up, man. Y'all down there, like, never get a break. Summer.....School....Summer....School. Wow.........That sucks......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey, has classes started there yet? Y'all southern schools start wayyy too early. Man, you can't learn nothing until Labor Day has passed.

    Hmm, this presents a weird scenario.......as I happily watch the summer crowd leave post-Labor Day, Erock gets bombarded by college students. That's messed-up, man. Y'all down there, like, never get a break. Summer.....School....Summer....School. Wow.........That sucks......

    It's only a problem until October. Most of them realize they suck at surfing and quit or the water starts getting cold and drives them away. You see, surfing takes effort and it's much easier for them to just look the part and act cool.

    To the hand-full of actual surfers who attend UNCW: Thank you in advance for doing your best to educate and put the kooks who surround you in their place--on the beach.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I hope to get lucky and snap a pic for a viable and sure-to-trend photo on Kook Of The Day.
    RobG and I skated up to the North End on Sunday afternoon. Saw a silver Mini - not cool guy totem pole - with a BIC on top...wax up and nose first. I turned around to take a picture, but the owner was just about to get in. Suspect was wearing black boardshorts with black zip up hoody...hoody up, of course. Keep your eyes peeled, 910.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    883
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    RobG and I skated up to the North End on Sunday afternoon. Saw a silver Mini - not cool guy totem pole - with a BIC on top...wax up and nose first. I turned around to take a picture, but the owner was just about to get in. Suspect was wearing black boardshorts with black zip up hoody...hoody up, of course. Keep your eyes peeled, 910.
    rollerblade or skateboard?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    rollerblade or skateboard?
    Rollerbladez for lyfe

    Skateboard.