LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by still stoked View Post
    I'm trying to remember who posted that, so I can tell who to ask.

I guess I'd define it as from the time the first kooks show up until the last kooks leave.
    Gruvi. Of course it was Gruvi

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Gruvi. Of course it was Gruvi
    I knew it was some kook!

Kook season year round anymore. Granted I was a kook at the start, and didn't really get into it until about 17, so I appreciate the learning curve more than some.

What kills me is the newbies with ALL the killer gear. I scrounged to buy boards and wetsuits, even doubled up rubber so I could surf into the winter before I could score my first 6/4. Just jealous maybe...

I prove how cool I am by making fun of people anonymously on the internet. A true kook should be absolutely no threat to your wave count or session. Unless of course you are more of a kook than you realize.

the holy grail photo would be hollister shorts and rashie, puka shell necklace and zinka carrying and nsp or bic without wax.
    ..."SALT LIFE" boardshorts...I actually saw those....they exist...

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    I prove how cool I am by making fun of people anonymously on the internet. A true kook should be absolutely no threat to your wave count or session. Unless of course you are more of a kook than you realize.
    I would add that 99% of the time the waves are knee high slop, so who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    ..."SALT LIFE" boardshorts...I actually saw those....they exist...
    So what? How does that harm you? Once you are on a wave does any of this stuff matter? Focus on what you enjoy as the rest is just noise.

Damn, didn't know Team Hollister was here to represent...

And fungus, if you have any idea about it--ie if you live here--you would know that these are the same kooks who belong in lakes and pools yet paddle out during hurricane swells, congesting the impact zone and generally getting in the way. It's dangerous and much, much more than "just noise."

I think I'd surf that Surf City Pier mostly if I lived down around there. Always looks better and cleaner (than W-ville) with less people out.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I think I'd surf that Surf City Pier mostly if I lived down around there. Always looks better and cleaner (than W-ville) with less people out.

I used to all the time but can never seem to motivate myself or have something too pressing to make the trek these days. (40 minute drive from my house as opposed to 15 for WB and CB) Topsail definitely has the best swell window in Onslow Bay for the predominant Southerly fetch and WSW winds we get in the summer.