LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To all you east-coasters complaining about lack of waves

You guys can all stop your complaining and sack up. Go hit the ocean. Be happy there is an ocean near you. Be happy you aren't me, who get sent to ****ing KANSAS CITY for the next month. Maybe I'll go SUP the Missouri river

in the same boat here on the gulf coast lol its flat like 95% of the year here

You started a thread to complain about people who complain?

Thanks for the "sack up and go hit the flat ocean" advice, that's extremely useful. Anyway, you SHOULD rent a SUP and take it out on some cool river in the Midwest. Honestly, it sounds like a lot more fun than hitting a beach packed with tourists and 1 foot waves.

If they spring for a car rental, drive out in to central Kansas and really check out the great plains if you haven't. AMAZING SCENARY. You don't have to get more than a couple hours west of Kansas City and you can find some pretty deserted stretches of plains....watch the sunset over the prarie at some west facing knoll where the horizon is like 25 miles away..

Any way have fun. Tropics got called off this year anyway so we're pretty much all waiting for October.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    drive out in to central Kansas and really check out the great plains if you haven't. AMAZING SCENARY. You don't have to get more than a couple hours west of Kansas City and you can find some pretty deserted stretches of plains....watch the sunset over the prarie at some west facing knoll where the horizon is like 25 miles away..
    this is good advice. I did a cross country trip in 2005 and was amazed at how wonderful the vistas were in Central Kansas/southern Nebraska. Coming from the southeast coast, where we don't have any views BUT pine trees, driving through that area was a pleasant change of pace. The sunsets/sunrises are unreal!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post

If they spring for a car rental, drive out in to central Kansas and really check out the great plains if you haven't. AMAZING SCENARY. You don't have to get more than a couple hours west of Kansas City and you can find some pretty deserted stretches of plains....watch the sunset over the prarie at some west facing knoll where the horizon is like 25 miles away..
    +2 on this...drove into Kansas from Colorado, and it was waaaay cooler than I expected. Rolling plains, and especially in the west, cool a$$ exposed rock and weird rock formations...speaking of which, check out Mushroom Rock State Park if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    +2 on this...drove into Kansas from Colorado, and it was waaaay cooler than I expected. Rolling plains, and especially in the west, cool a$$ exposed rock and weird rock formations...speaking of which, check out Mushroom Rock State Park if you can.
    Dude Kansas Sounds ****ing Awesome!! Not the band, they suck balls

Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    Dude Kansas Sounds ****ing Awesome!! Not the band, they suck balls

Carry on My Wayward Son!

Images
    Try the Barbeque.

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Try the Barbeque.
    Word! Send some back east to your homeboys, they will be indebted ( at least some BBQ sauce ). They chicks are probably smokin hot, if they still have any teeth left from doing bathtub meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Be happy you aren't me, who get sent to ****ing KANSAS CITY for the next month.
    are you going to jail?