LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Images

What do you guys do when it's flat ?

So I've been starved of good waves in Maine this summer. Literally anke high for months now. We got a bit of good stuff but it lasted a day at best and even still it was weird chest high wind swells. Winters coming !

I've been able to get on the water and have almost as much fun as surfing with my hobie 16. Sailed that catamaran 15 miles from Maine to New Hampshirs last week with some excellent off shore wind ... Here's a video to show how fun cat sailing really is and how it helps me accept the fact that there's no waves to surf on a nice summer afternoon. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83SlckPNB44&feature=plcp

Brah, this same thread ain't even buried in the archives. It was from a couple weeks ago. Dig it up. Was an enjoyable one and many different posters chimed in.

3. Skate, skim, dive, spear fish, free dive, work, bomb hills, tarp surf, deep sea fish, longboard the ogunquit river mouth etc.

Brew beer, run, drink beer, run some more, cook, smoke meats in the smoker, and occasionally fish.

We did a 15 mile canoe trip on the Santa Fe river last week. We went by about 8 or 9 springs and paddled into Poe, Lilly, Blue, and Ginnie springs and snorkled. Only saw one small gator but the scenery was great and there wasn't anybody on the river being a weekday.`Good times.

Images
    Last year I did a 90 mile canoe trip on the Allagash waterway in Northern Maine.

Images
    Good thing there was no waves or I would be bummed!

I usually work on the golf game or the honey do list. I used to go on motorcycle trips, before I sold my bike. Never, ever, for any reason, sell your bike.

I pack up the Tahoe, strap the SUP to the roof, head to Fort Desoto Park, setup a canopy tent, cooler full of beer, water and food, a few tightly rolled pieces of paper stuffed with magic, fishing poles, and live skrimps.

I'll paddle as far as I can on the SUP to stay in shape and i'll even bring a fishing pole out there with me to catch some fish while all the kayakers gawk at me and ask me how hard it is to stand on that thing, and to catch fish without falling. It's really fun actually, I just stuff a handful of skrimp in the handle of the board with a little bit of water, so they stay feisty for a while and not go stiff. I'm just waiting for the day I snag a nice size shark and get towed around for a while... that would be epic!