LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Am I the only one who lives 3 hours from any wave source?

Also, am I the only one who didn't start to surf because of their dad's?

I'm fortunate to live near the beach. Even when my parents split and I had to live in Philly, it was still an hour to the ocean when he would take me, but, my Dad didn't teach me to surf....my mom did! Now I surf like a girl.

Images
    So you surfed in Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    So you surfed in Jersey?
    Yes. I still do. I'm back there now.

Grew up an inland kid in NY. Taught myself how to surf while spending a summer living in a friends garage in CA as well as 7 month abroud in OZ while in college.
    After several years of long commutes to NJ for swells, I have just moved accross the street from the ocean and I couldn't be happier. (Besides my awful commute to NYC for work everyday).

Quote Originally Posted by Tkelley View Post
    Grew up an inland kid in NY. Taught myself how to surf while spending a summer living in a friends garage in CA as well as 7 month abroud in OZ while in college.
    After several years of long commutes to NJ for swells, I have just moved accross the street from the ocean and I couldn't be happier. (Besides my awful commute to NYC for work everyday).
    Congrats on your move, i'd rather live right by the ocean and drive to work then live right by work and drive to the ocean.

Images
    Oh, I inherited surfing through boating on a local lake. I always wanted to get a bigger motor to make a bigger wake. Then I got my first surfing mag, then took lessons for my 12th birthday a year later. Now, I've been surfing for 2 years and try to do any contests in RI that I can.

Images
    Where in CT are you dude? I understand if you don't want to disclose, guessing the NW corner somewhere. I'm in the New Haven area and an hour away from the closest wave(except on those very rare days when we have a 40 mph S wind). That being said, it's my mom and sister that got me in the water. My mom would cart me up there every friggin' weekend to get to the surf, god bless her, I owe her so much. As much as I feel the need to move closer, I always tell myself an hour's not that bad, could be worse.

Images
    My dad and I have been taking trips to RI for a year and a half now, its so much fun to travel and do the ESA contests they offer down there. Do you go to Warm Winds Surf Shop?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    My dad and I have been taking trips to RI for a year and a half now, its so much fun to travel and do the ESA contests they offer down there. Do you go to Warm Winds Surf Shop?
    I do go to Warm Winds, but I try to spread the love b/t them and Narragansett Surf and Skate(used to be The Watershed).
    And PJB I've spent some time in the BPT, had a few friends from there when I was younger, nothing to really lure me down there anymore, went to the vibes a few times.