LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Its my dream to live near the ocean someday after college. Hopefully go to some collage at least a little bit closer than up here.
    I remember the first time I went to Costa Rica, and we stayed about a block from the beach, and every morning I would jog and then check the waves then go surfing. It was liberating not having to check out the webcams and surfreports. Kinda what I wanna do on a regular basis.

My son taught me how to surf. Sort of... Told me to get in the line up and paddle but stay out of everybody's way... Had the leash on my front foot for the first two sessions... He's gotten better as a teacher now that he has a daughter. As I sit I'm 3 plus hours from a break, but I'm a summer local. Actually I'm at the beach at least once a month and all holidays and any day I can skip school. I'm a teacher. DON'T skip school!

Not thread related, but I'm glad CBSCREWBY is back! CB UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Not thread related, but I'm glad CBSCREWBY is back! CB UNITE!
    I was busy SURFING! Well, what waves we had. Thanks for the welcome back. While I was MIA, SJB actually pm'd me to see if I was still alive. Thought that was nice. Never left north end. Perriwinkle to marker 10 at Freeman Park.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    I was busy SURFING! Well, what waves we had. Thanks for the welcome back. While I was MIA, SJB actually pm'd me to see if I was still alive. Thought that was nice. Never left north end. Perriwinkle to marker 10 at Freeman Park.
    Surfing this whole time? You sand baggin' SOB!

I was up in your neck of the woods last night. Surfed Skipper until 8:00. Seems like that's the only North End high tide spot working these days. Next time I'm up there, I'll turn on the CBSCREWBY Bat Light!

6. I went from living 4 minutes from matunuck to living 6 hours from encinitas california. Not much to do here in the desert if your not into climbing or mountain biking, my contract with work is up in february and Its gonna be nice to get back into some coastal areas. Trying to weigh out the benefits living west vs east. we will see

Personally, I didn't get into surfing until January of this year. Parents never had an interest in letting me surf so when I started this year I try and surf all the time. Thank god I live only about 15 minutes from the waves :P

Grew up an inland kid in NY. Taught myself how to surf while spending a summer living in a friends garage in CA as well as 7 month abroud in OZ while in college.
    After several years of long commutes to NJ for swells, I have just moved accross the street from the ocean and I couldn't be happier. (Besides my awful commute to NYC for work everyday).

Quote Originally Posted by Tkelley View Post
    Grew up an inland kid in NY. Taught myself how to surf while spending a summer living in a friends garage in CA as well as 7 month abroud in OZ while in college.
    After several years of long commutes to NJ for swells, I have just moved accross the street from the ocean and I couldn't be happier. (Besides my awful commute to NYC for work everyday).
    Congrats on your move, i'd rather live right by the ocean and drive to work then live right by work and drive to the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    How come none of you CT guys live in Brideport like Trevolution? I guess that's why he is a drunken, skateboarder revolutionary.

Hey RISurfer, you're only 14? Wow, you seem more mature than most of the dudes on here. Good for you. Well, here's one good thing aboot living far from the ocean: It keeps you hungry and you don't take nothing for granted. You appreciate waves more. If you plan on college, go to Seton Hall and do a tour of duty in some heaving Jersey barrels. Avoid Fordham University because you'll be stuck getting hassled by Eric Eichen at Long Beach or you'll become a hipster fool at 90th St Rockaway. Go to Jersey.
    Kid,
    Take these sage words of wisdom with a grain of salt. Perhaps the entire salt shaker, actually.
    No disrespect, Billy.