LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

this August sucks

Usually August is the time you start to see a decent swells and get to enjoy the nice weather and warm water but this is just miserable.. I dont expect anything good Late June through July but when there are more better days in July then august that's a problem even though the real waves don't come till the winter I still hate not surfing in the summer this is the time to practice and just enjoy everything about the day i really pray for A good sept.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnykans View Post
    even though the real waves don't come till the winter .
    Actually January is one of the flattest months. I think a lot of people don't notice how flat it is because it's so cold out. And the biggest and most consistent swells of the year are in the fall/spring. I agree this August has been absolutely horrific

What's worse is there doesn't even appear to be anything brewing down there. It's not exactly looking good right now.

Images
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.
    Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September...
    In my experience August has always been better than July.... And I definitely agree January and February are flat months But for the most part you can get that one day where it is just monster waves that you will never see in the summer
    Last edited by SI_Admin; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.
    Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykans View Post
    In my experience August has always been better than July.... And I definitely agree January and February are flat months But for the most part you can get that one day where it is just monster waves that you will never see in the summer
    Guess it all depends on where you are located. I recall January and February being awesome, cold, but awesome.
    Last edited by SI_Admin; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: mis-quoted

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Guess it all depends on where you are located. I recall January and February being awesome, cold, but awesome.
    What's cold in Florida 72? Haha Haha

Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September.
    yep . the best part of the season hasnt even started . wait! if nothing happens after september then blame obhama

Images
    last few weeks were super flat but we got some chest high swell last few days and should have swell the whole week that is surf able, tbh i think july was our worst month may was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    last few weeks were super flat but we got some chest high swell last few days and should have swell the whole week that is surf able, tbh i think july was our worst month may was okay.
    Same up here. I am pretty happy with the end of August.