LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    this August sucks

    Usually August is the time you start to see a decent swells and get to enjoy the nice weather and warm water but this is just miserable.. I dont expect anything good Late June through July but when there are more better days in July then august that's a problem even though the real waves don't come till the winter I still hate not surfing in the summer this is the time to practice and just enjoy everything about the day i really pray for A good sept.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykans View Post
    even though the real waves don't come till the winter .
    Actually January is one of the flattest months. I think a lot of people don't notice how flat it is because it's so cold out. And the biggest and most consistent swells of the year are in the fall/spring. I agree this August has been absolutely horrific

  3. #3
    What's worse is there doesn't even appear to be anything brewing down there. It's not exactly looking good right now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.
    Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September...
    In my experience August has always been better than July.... And I definitely agree January and February are flat months But for the most part you can get that one day where it is just monster waves that you will never see in the summer
    Last edited by SI_Admin; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.
    Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykans View Post
    In my experience August has always been better than July.... And I definitely agree January and February are flat months But for the most part you can get that one day where it is just monster waves that you will never see in the summer
    Guess it all depends on where you are located. I recall January and February being awesome, cold, but awesome.
    Last edited by SI_Admin; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: mis-quoted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Guess it all depends on where you are located. I recall January and February being awesome, cold, but awesome.
    What's cold in Florida 72? Haha Haha

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I disagree, in that August is often really flat on the East Coast. Generally, it is worse then July and June.
    Yes, some years, we do have some tropical activity, but more often then not the Tropics don't start firing up until the last week in August or first week in September.
    yep . the best part of the season hasnt even started . wait! if nothing happens after september then blame obhama

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,494
    Images
    4
    last few weeks were super flat but we got some chest high swell last few days and should have swell the whole week that is surf able, tbh i think july was our worst month may was okay.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    last few weeks were super flat but we got some chest high swell last few days and should have swell the whole week that is surf able, tbh i think july was our worst month may was okay.
    Same up here. I am pretty happy with the end of August.