LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    i feel like the only actual swell we've had since june was andrea. anything else has been ridiculous soft mush (frequent).
    umm yeah. I don't know where you are. But we've had quite a few chest high barreling days up here this summer. You can't get shacked in mush and I was multiple times. It didn't get bad until recently

Images
    You could have surfed every day in the last 2 months other than maybe 10 days here and there, this was in Maryland. That's not saying the waves were great but they were there if you wanted them. I did notice a complete lack of any power or size on even the best days.

Im in San Diego and havent surfed a good wave in over a month... Even driving north on the weekends havent gotten anything over waist high.

nothing on the horizon either.. mehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    You could have surfed every day in the last 2 months other than maybe 10 days here and there, this was in Maryland. That's not saying the waves were great but they were there if you wanted them. I did notice a complete lack of any power or size on even the best days.
    This. Ditto for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    Im in San Diego and havent surfed a good wave in over a month... Even driving north on the weekends havent gotten anything over waist high.

nothing on the horizon either.. mehhhh
    Complaining about a lack of waves in san diego. I wish I had that problem. Give me some waist high almost everyday for a month in August. I'll be happy.

I know it's still early but I'm getting a bad vibe about this hurricane season. There is nothing happening right now or for the forecastable future. It looks likely that the first hurricane won't spin up until Sept.

Interesting info,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    You'll notice that 4 out of 5 of those storms tracked into the Caribbean where they're not going to do any of us any good. I'm less interested in how many hurricanes there are and more interested in how many rideable waves they make. The shape of the high out in the Atlantic currently and for most of the summer has been somewhat oblong, situated on a slightly SW -NE axis which has been a significant reason why waves have been in short supply. Fla has probably been the best place to be and New England the worst. I know that the shape of the high will change, but until it does any storm that forms will probably track south.

Another thing is that in the not to distant future Greenland is going to become green again, and until that happens there is going to be a lot of cold water dripping into the N Atlantic. The ocean stayed fairly cold late into the spring this year and has stayed on the cool side most of the summer. I've had my 3/2 on more than my 1 ml so far. It's been a relatively cool Aug too. I don't know how that will affect tropical storms or even if it will, but the cooler the water the less fuel for storms.

I hope I'm wrong.

i agree,this august sucked.hard to believe labor day is only a week away.iv been to the beach 100x but only surfed once,which sucks.sandy got our hope up,we had the best winter in probably 10years,best sand,now its flat,the sand is gone,and theres no free beaches.hopefully September brings atleast a tropical storm

my August wave count is pretty damn good. you just have to get lucky down south in OBX. also had some lingering swell in VB that has been fun. Its about time for some storms Though...

dude, I been getting fun waves at least twice a week almost all summer, ad I was just thinking this has ben a good august, compared to most.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    last few weeks were super flat but we got some chest high swell last few days and should have swell the whole week that is surf able, tbh i think july was our worst month may was okay.
    Same up here. I am pretty happy with the end of August.