Surfing's a strange thing. It's like it's not even a matter of fact.......

People in the relatively same area have all sorts of differring "opinions" on the conditions of the past three months.

Anyone in North Jersey who complains aboot "soft, mush," which I have heard from a few people,.........HA HA your sandbars suck. It feels good to say that to North Jersey people because they had it too well this past winter.......

SW and WSW winds during all the good swells, and excellent sandbars. Left us South Jersey fools in the dark. Even WSW winds when it's blowing 20-50 mph offshore junk it up bad down here. And yes every swell from late December through February had HARD offshores on the clean-up, yes with gusts over 40mph one or two times. Oh Northwest winds how you have foresaken us.

My spot has a high-tide, inside bar that bubs even the weakest of swell. So tuck into that one you North Jersey @#@##@. Yeah ok, it's a bit dumpy and closed-out on some days, but at least it's interesting. 2-3' is b!tchen when you got well-shaped little devils, pitching up and down the beach, in two feet of water. Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?

And those who say they have gotten two days of decent surf per week know what they are talking aboot. The rest are either trying to be EL BURRO MAS MACHO or don't really surf.