Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: american sniper

american sniper

first off I want to say this new si lineup is bs.its the exact same as magicseaweed.I had to put in names and shyt.

ok back to the thread.iv been hearing a lot of funny talk about the American sniper movie.i have not seen it,but I did read the book like 4 years ago.

when I seen they were making this a movie I was like oh cool,then I seen Bradley cooper who sucks,limitless was his 1 good movie,every other one homie went full retard, was starring I could only think wow this guys going to ruin chris kyles legacy.but what im seeing all these "American hero" lol posts I want to hear ur guys opinion.

so iv been hearing on the radio on the way to work with all this bashing going on,reminds me of si,which is cool.michael moore,I don't think anybody likes him lol,seth rogen lol.the only one I agree with is when seth compared this movie to nations pride for inglorious bastards,which americans take huge offense,i do not see why,its the exact same thing.no need to get mad,its a story about a sniper who gets a lot of kills.i wonder if foreign countries make movies like this.oh yea I seen the interview this weekend,not bad lol.

I seen one post from fox where everyones like semper fi,and 1 guy replied he wasn't a marine and about 2000 people went apeshyt,calling him a comi and a hater lol.so how do u people feel with this countries 2nd most lethal sniper,1st one was a guy in Vietnam who killed another sniper through his scope.

last chris kyle appears to be a liar from some sources lol.I don't get why if ur a navy seal ur basically "the shyt" no need to lie lol

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    first off I want to say this new si lineup is bs.its the exact same as magicseaweed.I had to put in names and shyt.

ok back to the thread.iv been hearing a lot of funny talk about the American sniper movie.i have not seen it,but I did read the book like 4 years ago.

when I seen they were making this a movie I was like oh cool,then I seen Bradley cooper who sucks,limitless was his 1 good movie,every other one homie went full retard, was starring I could only think wow this guys going to ruin chris kyles legacy.but what im seeing all these "American hero" lol posts I want to hear ur guys opinion.

so iv been hearing on the radio on the way to work with all this bashing going on,reminds me of si,which is cool.michael moore,I don't think anybody likes him lol,seth rogen lol.the only one I agree with is when seth compared this movie to nations pride for inglorious bastards,which americans take huge offense,i do not see why,its the exact same thing.no need to get mad,its a story about a sniper who gets a lot of kills.i wonder if foreign countries make movies like this.oh yea I seen the interview this weekend,not bad lol.

I seen one post from fox where everyones like semper fi,and 1 guy replied he wasn't a marine and about 2000 people went apeshyt,calling him a comi and a hater lol.so how do u people feel with this countries 2nd most lethal sniper,1st one was a guy in Vietnam who killed another sniper through his scope.

last chris kyle appears to be a liar from some sources lol.I don't get why if ur a navy seal ur basically "the shyt" no need to lie lol
    I thought the movie was good. I already read a book on him so I pretty much knew everything was going to happen the way it did it was nice seeing it on a visual platform. Id give it a sold 8.5. As far as the whole bashing thing i have no comment I don't want to argue when most of those people commenting represent the greater portion of a$$ clowns in our country. Btw I thought he did set the record for most sniper kills in American history?

he might of,im not a sniper expert,i just remember many years ago watching the history channel when they were talking about a guy in Vietnam,then years later kyle emerged.all I know is he was known as the devil of Ramadi,he was there when the insurgency started to boom and he was the best sniper they had.i think I even read he gave his sniper to like the polish or british forces so he could kick in doors because they kept getting killed.i don't remember that well like I said I read the book years ago and I read a lot so that memory is buried.

I remember when the whole jesse ventura thing emerged,i read the book first and didn't even know he talked shyt about ventura,he never called him out by name I only know when ventura came out with the bar scene thing.i don't know why he would bash ventura other than him talkin shyt about the wars,which I do not agree with but will save that for another time.ventura was one of the first seals when they went from udt to seals,no need to make a big deal about dissing a fellow soldier.oh yea I seen ck's wife on cnn the other week,i remember in the book he said he was fighting with her all the time about going back to Iraq,she did not support him and his fight,then she comes out to take credit which is retarded.i know his pain.

and last the kid who killed him has his trial coming up and they say it might interfere with the verdict.i read the stories about the scenario,and would be astonished if they give this poor guy time.he was one of ck's good friends,ck took him to the range to help with his ptsd and he heard shots and started shooting.phukd up thing,but I don't think hes guilty of murder,thats insanity plea right there,ptsd is real.

im curious to know what u thought of brad coopers performance.like I said I thought he was going to ruin ck's legacy,I would've preferred mark Wahlberg but hes in every military movie that came out in the past 6yrs and after lone survivor I don't think he could've pulled off another seal.

i used to support ventura but when he came out with that conspiracy show talking about aliens and reptiles the man went full retard.he was great on piers morgan with gun control and the wars,but all that extra shyt made me lose respect for the guy

Images
    It wasn't great, but I did enjoy it. Definitely a rah rah war film, but im a sucker for action flicks. Id give it a 7.5. Didnt read the book.

......... not a sniper expert,i just remember many years ago watching the history channel when they were talking about a guy in Vietnam
    Carlos Hathcock AKA "white feather" 93 confirmed kills in Nam, former champion rifleman @ Camp Perry, established the sniper program in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    it's hard to consider a sniper as heroic, on the scale of, say, Audie Murphy or Sgt. York. just sayin' that killing people at 1000 yards or whatever does not seem to be quite the same thing.
    You right, its NOT the same thing, Sgt York had the skill set from hunting and target shooting in his home state of Tenn before WW1, those skills served him well shooting from trench to trench with his 1903 Springfield but not 1000 yards, he's credited shooting about 8 Germans charging him with his 1911 .45.

Murphy had little to none shooting skills prior to WW2, the day he won the MOH he used a Ma Duce .50 Cal machine gun on top of a disabled Sherman Tank, as he was issued and carried an M-1 carbine, not known for its accuracy and limited to 300 yards.

A sniper has a unique skill set, you can teach some of it but the rest of it you either have it or you don't and most DON"T. In Viet Nam, 50,000 rounds by infantry for every dead VC compared to snipers about 2 rounds for every dead VC so do the math. Snipers play a valuable role on the battle field, Carlos had a bounty on his head in Nam as did as did Chris Kyle for their "heroic deeds, so don't take that away from them.
    Last edited by goofy footer; Jan 29, 2015 at 12:38 AM.

Carlos Hathcock AKA "white feather" 93 confirmed kills in Nam, former champion rifleman @ Camp Perry, established the sniper program in Vietnam.
    Carlos should def be considered a hero for rescuing the Marines in the burning amtrac and the solo shot on the NVA general. I think he got quite a bit of pleasure from killing the Apache tho.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Carlos should def be considered a hero for rescuing the Marines in the burning amtrac and the solo shot on the NVA general. I think he got quite a bit of pleasure from killing the Apache tho.
    Yep, he spun that 7.62 right through her scope into her right eye through her head," DRT" AKA dead right there. She might have had more or as many kills on GI's before Carlos brought her down?

War sucks, people die. Hopefully more of the enemy than us. Killing from short distance, long distance, artillery, bombs and missiles from the air and ships at sea, laying mines, drones. Shot, burned alive, buried alive, blown to bits. Crippling, disfigurement, disease, resulting psychological disorders, and the unfortunate "collateral damage" of innocent victims. It's war. It's hell. The goal is to win and end it. Being "politically correct" or concerned about not offending the enemy should not be factors. Politicians and many others don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    War sucks, people die. Hopefully more of the enemy than us. Killing from short distance, long distance, artillery, bombs and missiles from the air and ships at sea, laying mines, drones. Shot, burned alive, buried alive, blown to bits. Crippling, disfigurement, disease, resulting psychological disorders, and the unfortunate "collateral damage" of innocent victims. It's war. It's hell. The goal is to win and end it. Being "politically correct" or concerned about not offending the enemy should not be factors. Politicians and many others don't get it.
    Pretty much sums up why we 'lost' Vietnam