LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

do you like huey lewis and the news

their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes,

but when sports came out in '83, i think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

No, I like music. Just they're... Huey's too black sounding for me. btw, metard, that's a very expensive chardonnay you're drinking.

Images
    I did back in 89.... Along with a flock if sea gulls...

Thanks for your interesting threads, Tard

Images
    i lived in SF from '82 to '92...Huey Lewis was a Bay Area fixture, along with Journey, Santana, The Tubes, various version of Jefferson Starship, and of course, the Dead. they held the Bammies every year (Bay Area Music Awards), where all these guys just seemed to give each other awards, year after year.

he was decent, dominated the airwaves with catchy pop numbers throughout the 80's...but i always liked this one:

Bro. Swing and a miss. That exchange went way over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    i lived in SF from '82 to '92...Huey Lewis was a Bay Area fixture, along with Journey, Santana, The Tubes, various version of Jefferson Starship, and of course, the Dead. they held the Bammies every year (Bay Area Music Awards), where all these guys just seemed to give each other awards, year after year.

he was decent, dominated the airwaves with catchy pop numbers throughout the 80's...but i always liked this one:

more like this

In the morning, if my face is looking puffy, I put on an ice pack while I do my crunches. I can do a thousand now.

Images
    Doood, on some real ish when I was a young feller there I really enjoyed that video where the shark fin comes up through the sand.

Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your as$hole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it.
    Last edited by metard; Sep 16, 2014 at 01:57 AM.

I need to go return some videotapes. Really gotta go, T. Boone Pickens just walked in.