LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Bear, I always pegged you for a stick ball in the streets kind of guy....

Images
    Pump, I moved out of the area when I was 4. Returned after a tour of the country at 12. Spent the first 9 months in Yeadon, PA(my grandma's house) while my daddy and mummsy got settled with jobs and got a house in Jersey.

We had just moved from California, where I had started tackling the whitewater at Zuma Beach and for some odd reason, amongst the cholos in Port Hueneme.......that's like Oxnard, dudes. SSL dudes......SSL. My Californian friend and prolific writer, Dale Johnson, has SSL status.

Mummsy and Daddy were cool enough to make moving to Jersey the plan due to my wave obsession. Actually I graduated from whitewater before I left. I caught the wave at the peak and rode straight. And I had more fun than anytime in my life, while Dirty Deeds played on KMET and KLOS....95 and a half KLOS. If I would have stayed in Yeadon I would have died 20 years ago.

In Yeadon, PA(right on the border of SW & W Philly) I did play stickball. Played stickball, dudes. We'd use a hockey stick shaft as our bats. But street hockey was our thang. But I played stickball. But we never played lacrosse. Can you imagine Danny Lee(not Asian Lee) playing lacrosse?

I was also exposed to that 1950's - 1960's city-neighborhood atmosphere that was quickly dying at that time. You guys know, like those movies aboot Brooklyn y'all watch with the close-knit neighborhoods full of guidos and mics.......catholic school.........and rites of passage. Yeah, all of that. Plus we had some A Bronx Tale drama with the newer residents moving in from West Philly. That was always fun.

Images
    Fall Out Boy. I f**king hate fall out boy. More than liknin park, more than fun, even more than mumford and daughters. Yes, I bumped this thread to say that. And it dawned on me yesterday when I heard a new song from this hideous group on our local 'alternative' radio station, and i need to get this off my chest. Part of the reason my abhoration for this 'band' is so strong is beacause for some unknown reason, people refer to them, or at least used to, as a punk band. I will not tolerate fall out boy being classified as punk. Thank you I feel better now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Fall Out Boy. I f**king hate fall out boy. More than liknin park, more than fun, even more than mumford and daughters. Yes, I bumped this thread to say that. And it dawned on me yesterday when I heard a new song from this hideous group on our local 'alternative' radio station, and i need to get this off my chest. Part of the reason my abhoration for this 'band' is so strong is beacause for some unknown reason, people refer to them, or at least used to, as a punk band. I will not tolerate fall out boy being classified as punk. Thank you I feel better now.
    Seldom, if not often, Seen.

I have never heard this band....nor do I want to. I read a little blurb interview with the lead singer in TIME some months ago........I wanted to shot the dude. He was such a douche that it should be against the law, even in MIS-13's anarchist state.

OMG, such a horrible person. He even claimed that the coolest, bestest, most brillant people of out time are: Kanye West and that Lena Dunham chick.....she does that HBO thang Girls, WHICH SUCKS TOTAL SCHLONG. SHE SUCKS. SHE TOTALLY SUCKS. HER TATTOOS SUCK......HER SHOW SUCKS....SHE SUCKS.

And don't even get me started on that son b!tch Kanye West...........I sometimes entertain the idea of becoming a papparazzi-type dude....just to piss off Kanye West. Man, I'd annoy the hell out of him. Yeah, come at me Kanye, with your attitude. Now, I'm no tough guy(4'10" 100 pounds), but I promise you I'll knock Kanye the F out. I promise you. I got depressed rage that would surface with him. He ain't no hood. He's an act.

ahh man..........

Linoleum. Supports my head.

GIVES ME SOMETHING TO BELIEVE!
    Igotpocketsfulloflintandchangeandeverythingimporta nttomejustseemstofallrighttothefloor
    I was singing that in the line up tonight
    I hate my sore back.

Bear, I was reading Lord Alfred today and listening to Rock n Roll Suicide. I like the melody of language. Tell me he ain't a lyrAcist.

Wished I had told
    Ooh was the only one
    But it's too late, too late
    She's gone

You sweat her, and I ain't talkin' 'bout a Coogi
    You a big L, and I ain't talkin' 'bout Cool J
    See me at the airport, at least 20 Louis
    Treat me like the prince and this my sweet brother Numpsay

Brother Numpsay, groupies say I'm too choosy
    Take 'em to the show and talk all through the movies
    Says, she want diamonds, I took her to Ruby Tuesdays
    If we up in Friday's, I still have it my way

Gone, we strivin' home
    Gone, we ride on chrome
    It's too late

Y'all don't want no prob from me
    What you rappers could get is a job from me
    Maybe you could be my intern, and in turn
    I'll show you how I cook up summer, in the win-turr
    Aaron love the raw dog, when will he learn?
    Caught somethin' on the Usher tour he had to let it burn

Plus he already got three chil'run
    Arguin' over babysitters like, ""*****, it's yo' turn"
    Damn 'Ye, it'd be stupid to ditch you
    Even your superficial raps is super official

R-R-Roc Pastille with Gucci on
    With TV's in the ride, throw a movie on
    Said he couldn't rap now
    He at the top with doobie long
    'Cause the dookie's on any song
    That they threw me on

Gone, we strivin' home
    Gone, I ride on chrome
    Gone, we strivin' home
    We strivin' home
    Gone, I ride on chrome

Knock knock, who's there? Killa Cam, Killa who?
    Killa Cam, hustler, grinder, gorilla true
    Oh, my chinchilla blue, blue you ever dealt with a dealer?
    Well here's the deal ma we goin' to the dealer booth

No concealin', no ceiling I don't need a roof
    Act up, get out, I don't need you, poof
    Poof, be gone, damn tough luck dag
    Dag, ****** still doin' puff puff pass

Pull the truck up fast and I tell 'em
    Hey, back in a touched up Jag, Jag
    Y'all *****z want Killa Cam, cerebellum
    An old man just gon' tell 'em

Then I see how y'all gonna react when I'm gone
    My last girl want me back then I'm on
    Fine stay, you got the grind hey
    Came back, read what the sign say

Yes, I know you wanna see my demise
    Yeah, you church boy actin' like a thief in disguise
    Ain't leavin' my side, see the greed in my eyes
    Ask Abby y'all hustle for a week to the Chi

And that ain't leavin' alive, please believe me
    Gave Weezy a piece of the pie, and
    You can ask Georgia or Regina
    The whole West side I explore with the Beamer now

We strivin' home
    I ride on chrome
    Listen homeboy, move on
    That's your best bet, why's that?
    'Cause

Uhh, uhh, yo, yo
    I been pourin' out some liquor for the fact that my pal's gone
    And tryin' to help his momma with the fact that her child gone
    And since we used to bubble like a tub full of Calgon
    Guess it's only right that I should help her from now on

But since they got a foul on, what coulda gone wrong
    Now they askin' Cons, how long has this gone on?
    And maybe all this money mighta gone to my head
    'Cause they got me thinkin' money mighta gone to the feds

So I ain't goin' to the dread, but he'll go on up to bed
    And when I came the next mornin' he was gone with my bread
    And with that bein' said, I had gone on my instincts
    And gone to the spots where they go to get mixed drinks

But lookin' back now shoulda gone to the crib
    And rented 'Gone with the Wind', 'cause I'da gone about 10
    But I had gone with my friend, and we had gone to the bar
    And heard a ***** talkin' ***t so I had gone to the car

And now the judge is tellin' me that I had gone too far
    And now we gone for 20 years, doin' time behind bars
    And since I gone to a cell for some petty crimes
    I guess I gone to the well one too many times, 'cause I'm gone

Uh uh uh
    Uh uh uh uh, uh onn, uh uh uh onn
    Uh uh onn, uh uh uh I'mmm

Ahead of my time, sometimes years out
    So the powers that be won't let me get my ideas out
    And that make me wanna get my advance out
    And move to Oklahoma and just live at my Aunt's house

Yeah, I romance the thought of leavin' it all behind
    Kanye step away from the lime
    Light, like, when I was on the grind
    In the one, nine, nine, nine

Before model chicks was bendin' over or
    Dealerships asked me Benz or Rover, man
    If I could just get one beat on Hova
    We could get up off this cheap-a** sofa

What the summer of the Chi got to offer a 18 year old?
    Sell drugs or get a job, you gotta play gyro
    My dawg worked at Taco Bell, hooked us up plural
    Fired a week later, the manager count the churros

Sometimes I can't believe it when I look up in the mirror
    How we out in Europe, spendin' Euros
    They claim you never know what you got 'til it's gone
    I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on

I'ma open up a store for aspiring MC's
    Won't sell 'em no dream, but the inspiration is free
    But if they ever flip sides like Anakin
    You'll sell everything includin' the mannequin
    They got a new ***ch, now you Jennifer Aniston

Hold on I'll handle it, don't start panickin', stay calm
    Shorty's at the door 'cause they need more
    Inspiration for they life, they souls, and they songs
    They said sorry, Mr. West is gone

I'm just messin wit u Bear. I like that song though, you should listen to it.

Often I hear some of you men say that "ALL THE CULTURE SUCKS NOW"...

All of you older guys... I've lurked long enough, and read your concert histories enough, to know that you have seen and done some choice sh*t. But to say that "all culture post 2000 sucks," or something like it, is foolish...

Could I guarantee that someone is playing some good sh*t in your very neighborhood? Maybe not.
    But I can guarantee that you don't put much time into searching for new music. There's something decent out there, probably local too.

OPEN YOUR MIND QUAID... START THE REACTOR....

Now, Behold my hatred:

Cat 1 - 'I'm Going Full Roy N***a!!':
    Jay-Z: Supremely talented, but his thirst for capitalism has thoroughly disgusted me and his shamelessly constant output has worn his talent thin. "Wooden shapes, I'm da lord, Makin boards you can't afford, Five-hundo-K, Don't question me, F**k you R-cart and Yankee"...

Cat 2 - 'Where Da Snipers At?':
    Drake: Nothing without his producers.
    Ke$ha: Slampig, die ho.
    Florida-Georgia Line: Just look at the name and imagine the sound. Yep.
    MILEY CYRUS: Nuff said, die die die my darlin.

Cat 3 - 'Hand Me That Rifle':
    Jimmy Buffet: With all of his Margaritaville restaurants/merchadise, he is the Wal-Mart of pop country; choke on a cheeseburger please.
    Chris Brown: No further explanation necessary. Pull the trigger.
    Adam Levine: Singer of absolutely terrible band Maroon 5, host of 'The Voice,' and supposed proprietor of a line of women's shoes, he is the all-encompassing embodiment of a pure douche.

Of course nearly all pop-country is pure garbage and any solo-artist who doesn't play an instrument probably sucks too. And yes, Katy Perry is by far above and beyond the most poundable.

For some good tunes though... all you jaded dude's check this good sh*t out.
    Ramsey Midwood, Austin TX slow groove country:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5766R3U7Q

and Night Birds outta Jersey... surf-tinged shred punk. Go see these guys.
    http://night-birds.bandcamp.com/

Images
    Gaf, I'm assuming that is a Kanye joint. Not impressed by any rapical lyricist post 1997. I can do Kanye stuff sober for God's sakes. Gaf, you read Lord Alfred? Hmmm. Who is more sophisticated? I read Proust, by the fireside, while sipping tea and eating krimpets. Pip Pip. Gaf, youse guys have waves out there? Hey could we get a few. Peace be upon you, Gaf. And watch out for the Laughin Devils.........

It just turned fall in the NE - highs in the 50's...low's in the 30's...colder north - and I DESPISE when it finally turns cold and there's no bubs. It ruins the whole season. We're supposed to be digging the chill, getting a shack, busting a lip, and then smelling fireplaces and watching leaves being windswept down the block. It's not happening.

Any G-Town thugs out there: Put me in a studio......teach me what buttons to press to "create" your jams, and give me a straight-up thuggy voiced dude...........I'll write the rhymes that make the young girls cry. Also, when I was 16, Eddie Van Halen said aboot me, " Whoa that dudes got some chops." Then he took another swig of Jack, did a large bump and said, "Ok I have to go shoot a video for 'Jump,' " Now watch the video for "Jump," not one of their best songs by the way, and see how messed-up Mr. Van Halen is.

Slashdog: I don't see what is so talented aboot Jay-Z. Rap is the least talented genre in music. They rhyme 3rd grade poetry over computer generated music. Your rap was better than any of the clowns making bank out there today. Really, I'm serious.

Your other targets are on-mark, as far as I'm concerned. Though I don't know who Florida/Georgia be. But Drake's a sissy from Canada who played a paralyzed dude on a feel good Canadian TV show.......now he's G-Town thugster. Man, why do Canadians smoke rock out of soda cans...opps I mean pop cans.....? Fools.

And this Adam Levine dude............That band sucks......ten times worse than the hated yet commercially succesful Nicklebag. They alter his voice in the studio, right? You know nobody likes Bon Jovi or Nicklebag but they sell millions of albums.....uncanny. I have never encountered anyone who says, " Yeah I dig Nicklebag," Yet they sell tons.

Led Zeppelin, crackers....... a little Black Sabbath..........and lsiten to some jazz in soft lighting late at night after you banged a few bags. Stare at the ceiling.

Images
    Man you guys are the best. I hope you all have a great weekend.

some of the worst torture in my lifetime are Fleetwood mac ,journey, bon jovi, dave Matthews, sheryl crow,madonna,train,avett brothers,jack Johnson and the list goes on and on. music was awesome here in America from the jazz age through the 60's/70's until video killed it so by the 90's it was over as far as top 40 goes.