LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    172
    I went to a concert a few months ago, the Black Keys and Flaming Lips and I had never really listened to either one of them. The Black Keys Suck....a lot. Flaming Lips were pretty good.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Ahh man......I usually don't hit the links but that was a doozy. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at that one.....

    Man, what planet....no, what universe is she living on??

    Oh hey Blackfish, how's it going? Don't know anything aboot those bands. Have a good evening, dude. Nice to see you.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    But it all doesn't matter everyone knows that Led Zeppelin was the greatest band ever. It all kind of sucks from there.....
    I would probably go with the Who. This album was a work of art: http://youtu.be/qq9uSZnby04

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I would probably go with the Who. This album was a work of art: http://youtu.be/qq9uSZnby04
    Hey man, that reply doesn't upset me. The Who is up there, ya know. Plus, they displayed a true sign of rock genius - their drummer died from a drug related incident. Keith Moon knew what it was aboot. That's rock n' roll, man. If you guys listen to people who aren't strung-out then you're probably listening to bunk.

    Long hair, Marshall Stacks, and substance abuse..........

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey man, that reply doesn't upset me. The Who is up there, ya know. Plus, they displayed a true sign of rock genius - their drummer died from a drug related incident. Keith Moon knew what it was aboot. That's rock n' roll, man. If you guys listen to people who aren't strung-out then you're probably listening to bunk.

    Long hair, Marshall Stacks, and substance abuse..........
    Agreed, drugs open up the mind for creativity, so i'm told...

  6. #26
    katy perry should def do porn

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    U2 blows serious donkey d!ck...I mean, really, any band member who feels the need to call himself the edge is a real douche...
    You just made a friend for life! I use that as one of my many reasons I despise U2. Along with their heinously awful music.

    I really have a strong hatred for Ja Rule. His voice is just terrible.

    And finally, how has no one mentioned Creed? Painful to listen to that stupid deep, hardly comprehensible voice.

  8. #28
    isn't Creed the born-again Nickleback? the painful, preachy, hypocritical rock sound of america's red state christian morality? ughh

    you choose the edge as the most pretentious member of U2? that being said, there is some good stuff from back when they were small, political and the irish were still lobbing morter shells into 10 Downing street

    now i have that "used to know" song in my head. i need a drink

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I went to a concert a few months ago, the Black Keys and Flaming Lips and I had never really listened to either one of them. The Black Keys Suck....a lot. Flaming Lips were pretty good.
    Saw the same show. 3rd time I saw Flaming Lips. Wearing their shirt now about how great MDMA is...They can be amazing... That show was all right. Black Keys Kicked some serious A$$$$!!! They were great. I love all their stuff. And While I'm defending: U2... Boy and October Late 70's early 80's... Great Albums. Now, Nickelback? Almost puked typing the name. When I go to hel! that will be my soundtrack for eternity...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    852
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    you choose the edge as the most pretentious member of U2? that being said, there is some good stuff from back when they were small, political and the irish were still lobbing morter shells into 10 Downing street
    after 30 years, U2 can still sell out any stadium in the world - how many bands can do that? they've had their ups and downs, and Bono might be the most pretentious musician in the world (Edge & Paul McGuinness, U2's manager, are ****s for other reasons), but they have recorded some great music (see Boy, October, Joshua Tree, & Achtung Baby). what have they done lately? not much, but they have recorded some great music that will stand the test of time.