LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Need some damn jellyfish repellant

Holy sh1t I got nailed today. Stung ten times in an hour. I have been stung many times before, but a few times today really messed me up. I have some major welts on my legs. Anyone else think the jellies have been overly bad this year?

this is such a great opportunity for the standard dbag response...
    here goes...
    bro this is their ocean. you are choosing to go in. if it really messed you up then don't go in the water and blame the jellyfish.

awesome response

maybe there will be a jellyfish repellant wetsuit like the shark one soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilman Photography View Post
    maybe there will be a jellyfish repellant wetsuit like the shark one soon...
    yeah. soon. its called pantyhose, been around for 50 years now. Australians have been using it for years, groundbreaking newsflash.

I got some sea lice stings today, just on the hands. Some diver gave me a bottle of anti jelly fish sting lotion made in Israel. I doubt it works, but maybe will try it. Jelly fish are the only sea creatures that freak me out a little. I feel for you. Try pour vinegar on the stings?

piss on the stings, should neutralize it

I've yet to see them...kinda. A few weeks ago they were out in droves but just a bunch of disc shaped jellies. No tentacles.

As far as treating the stings, I use meat tenderizer. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    this is such a great opportunity for the standard dbag response...
    here goes...
    bro this is their ocean. you are choosing to go in. if it really messed you up then don't go in the water and blame the jellyfish.
    Meh, you norther nancy boys don't know ****e about jellies. I am not crying about the fact that they are there, only commenting that they are way worse this year than I can remember in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by clintopher View Post
    I've yet to see them...kinda. A few weeks ago they were out in droves but just a bunch of disc shaped jellies. No tentacles.

As far as treating the stings, I use meat tenderizer. Works great.
    Aloe worked well. Still have some bumps, but no pain. Towards the end, I couldn't feel any more stings. Legs went a bit numb.