LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Aloe worked well. Still have some bumps, but no pain. Towards the end, I couldn't feel any more stings. Legs went a bit numb.
    Worst I've ever been hit was water skiing. Fell into a school of them and was peeling them off my face and arms while I waited for the boat to come back around to get me. Only thing medicinal we had on shore was beer. So I drank most of that in lieu of having my face pissed on.
    Last edited by clintopher; Aug 25, 2013 at 02:44 AM.

Go up to a lifeguard stand and ask him for medical aid by pissing on you

Quote Originally Posted by banman View Post
    Go up to a lifeguard stand and ask him for medical aid by pissing on you
    We have no lifeguards, banman.

Yo stings s::k,its not the end of world, just be glad it's not a man o war or box jellyfish. I get stung some times while spear fishing in Fl. Always on the top of noggin while exiting the water. Ya i am balding but heart isnt .My bud who works on caribean reef studies says its only getting worse in the future. I looked into it a little and was surprised what I found. Full bays during some times of year. Not little guys, yet 1 footers n bigger. That's why there are warnings on beach signs at popular beaches. It's there ocean not ours, we just get to play in it time to time and darn its great. Stings rinse with sea water and then vinegar. If tentacles are still are attached scrape off with sand or Credit Card. Rinse more with vinegar for a while. If its really bad seek professional help!
    Keep riding on, tomorrow's a new day.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    We have no lifeguards, banman.
    You lucky son of a gun

Jellyfish CULL!!!!!

I accept the whole "it's their ocean, not ours" argument with sharks, but not jellyfish. That's where I draw the line. T

Quote Originally Posted by dudeclimbing View Post
    Yo stings s::k,its not the end of world, just be glad it's not a man o war or box jellyfish. I get stung some times while spear fishing in Fl. Always on the top of noggin while exiting the water. Ya i am balding but heart isnt .My bud who works on caribean reef studies says its only getting worse in the future. I looked into it a little and was surprised what I found. Full bays during some times of year. Not little guys, yet 1 footers n bigger. That's why there are warnings on beach signs at popular beaches. It's there ocean not ours, we just get to play in it time to time and darn its great. Stings rinse with sea water and then vinegar. If tentacles are still are attached scrape off with sand or Credit Card. Rinse more with vinegar for a while. If its really bad seek professional help!
    Keep riding on, tomorrow's a new day.

I accept the whole "it's their ocean, not ours" BS when it comes to sharks, but not jellyfish... That's where I draw the line.

Images
    i get stung 3 or 4 times everytime i go out its starting to piss me off, had a real bad one the other day made my skin all pussed out and blister hurt for a few hours iched for days. this is def a more then average jelly season its way over kill.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I accept the whole "it's their ocean, not ours" BS when it comes to sharks, but not jellyfish... That's where I draw the line.
    Jellies are really interesting creatures. Ancient oceanic animals that really haven't evolved much in the last few 100k years. However, I hate them. Not the canon ball jellies, cause they don't sting. Just the little painful bastards.