LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First to feet is not right, and its not your job to determine if someone has the right or wrong board to get down the line. Ive dropped in on people that I have seen blow wave after wave, barely getting to their feet before the straighten out in the flats. It was that or paddle around them everytime to get the peak which in my judgement would have been worse for them since they want to go straight anyway. That video turns my stomach, summer is wearing thin on me.

Quote Originally Posted by PcolaSurfer850 View Post
    Check out this video and give me your feedback on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by PcolaSurfer850 View Post
    You don't get it i guess. I could see her to my right as I was paddling i was further back. It's called peripheral vision. It's something most people have the capabilty to handle.
    You're right! You did everything right! Good job brother.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post
    Dude... are you serious? You must have never seen anyone else make one of these posts before...

Prepare to be eviscerated! Good luck!!!!
    Thanks!! lol

As it was said ....Just because you got to your feet first doesn't give you priority. She was closer to the peak and it doesn't matter if she was riding a pool toy. She had priority! Oh and Go-Pro's aimed at your self are pretty lame. A better angel would be on the back wrist looking over your shoulder so the audience can enjoy your ride
    from your view. Aiming it at you is like filming yourself wacking off in a mirror.....we don't care!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    As it was said ....Just because you got to your feet first doesn't give you priority. She was closer to the peak and it doesn't matter if she was riding a pool toy. She had priority! Oh and Go-Pro's aimed at your self are pretty lame. A better angel would be on the back wrist looking over your shoulder so the audience can enjoy your ride
    from your view. Aiming it at you is like filming yourself wacking off in a mirror.....we don't care!
    this. just because you can film yourself doesn't mean you should...let alone putting it online, so you can share it with the entire planet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Aiming it at you is like filming yourself wacking off in a mirror.....we don't care!
    Thanks brethren, that's the best laugh, I've had all day!

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    I know, that is a pretty sick angle, I just haven't gotten the money yet for a wrist mount. I saw a guy today working pretty well with a chest mount. Not sure how that footage will be. But yeah I know it's a mundane angle, but i bought the camera for $190 never used off CL about 2 weeks ago and just got the surf mounts for it the rest is history. Thanks for the advice.

8. To the original poster, though I love my longboard, given the Go Pro and the fact that you're surfing in that kind of crowd suggests that you're a self-absorbed wave hog who got tapped because you deserved it. If you'd been on something a little smaller like everyone else, maybe you, A: wouldn't have even been the first to your feet, or; B: would have actually been able to maneuver around the crowd instead of being committed to a straight line. Riding a longboard does not EVER give you an excuse to take off in that kind of crowd and expect respect for no other reason than you get to get up sooner than everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    this. just because you can film yourself doesn't mean you should...let alone putting it online, so you can share it with the entire planet.
    I hear you.

Am I the only one that doesn't see a video attached?