LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    saw that one in his shop, I walked by it, grabbed it, and said "damn that looks fun". Anyone asking if a 5'11 can turn needs a surf lesson. PM me when you get in a session, I'm in vb and I'd love to ride that thing

wow, that's one wide and thick shortboard...hope you're over 200 lbs.

As far as the general design, I just bought a somewhat similar Lost Couch Potato and am loving it (only ridden it 5 days, so wanna put in a few more before posting a full review). Took 2 days for the shape to click with me...probably because I was expecting something else when I should have just been riding it like my standard shorty. Best part is being able to skooch so far forward for that extra paddling boost...and, of course, gliding on the nose all the way to the beach...
    Last edited by waterbaby; Aug 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    saw that one in his shop, I walked by it, grabbed it, and said "damn that looks fun". Anyone asking if a 5'11 can turn needs a surf lesson. PM me when you get in a session, I'm in vb and I'd love to ride that thing
    Sure thing. You want to ride it on a typical summer day our hold out for a decent swell? Or both?
    Last edited by clintopher; Aug 26, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

I think I saw you going to ride your Austin near the pier in VB this morning around 0630...?

(Apologies for not calling ya Gen'l Lee, we made a snap decision yest at AI to see what VB had this morning for DP)

btw, I don't see that board as effeminate at all. From a distance, the pattern could be interpreted as flowers - even though they're not. I just see a cool middle eastern type print of circles/squares (or spanish tiles) and a red and blue border...kinda like a magic carpet. Personally, I'd be taking off those useless FCS stickers as soon as possible, though, and color coordinating the leash loop is a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    You're so hurtful.

Cool aesthetics but the shape? Ehhh, you can still catch a lot of crappy waves without riding half a longboard

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I think I saw you going to ride your Austin near the pier in VB this morning around 0630...?

(Apologies for not calling ya Gen'l Lee, we made a snap decision yest at AI to see what VB had this morning for DP)

We're you the guy who let me walk across the street?

I was there but was in the water a few minutes after 6...first one in the water on the north side of the pier. I saw a dorsal fin that I swore didnt belong to a dolphin right after i paddled out so came back in to make sure from the beach. Turned out I was wrong so I went back out a few minutes later.

Waves weren't as big as predicted and 20 minutes later I was surrounded by a few million longboards so I was out of the water a few minutes after 7:00.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    btw, I don't see that board as effeminate at all. From a distance, the pattern could be interpreted as flowers - even though they're not. I just see a cool middle eastern type print of circles/squares (or spanish tiles) and a red and blue border...kinda like a magic carpet. Personally, I'd be taking off those useless FCS stickers as soon as possible, though, and color coordinating the leash loop is a bit much
    Stickers were gone as soon as I got home. Touché on the leash loop.

Leave the leash loop, the stickers can go. Everyone has their own taste, personally I think it is a good looking board. Prob looks even better with some wax on her too. Forget all the static on these forums, have fun and enjoy it man.

10. Hey This is DAMN beautiful. I don't know why are you discussing so much. Just look at it, its really majestic. I just love the patterns. Its great buddy, just wanna ride it.