LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    741
    Images
    5

    Surfing cape cod

    Hello surfers. I'll be heading to the cape in early September and was wondering if anyone could guide me to some good public spots. I'll be in denisport. What spots are close to that. Any advice is nice and I'll gladly share my knowledge about Maine spots in exchange for yours. Thanks.
    Last edited by Charles Taylor; Aug 25, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Hey are you coming to Jersey, ever? I'll trade info with you.

    Hey I am so sorry that I thought that was you in your avatar(GOD, I HATE saying that word). I am especially ashamed because I didn't even recognize Mr. Tosh - a solid citizen who makes fun of all the right stuff. Great American.

    Nauset Beach in Orleans.........

    Yo, Charles, send a Private Message to: CAPECODCDOG He seems like a honorble fellow and probably wouldn't mind sharing a tip for a respectful, gentleman such as yourself.....Seriously, PM him. He's a nice guy.

  3. 4wd will find you the best peaks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    741
    Images
    5
    Jersey is not on my list of desirable destinations I'm sorry to say. The jersey shore show I'm sure has just ruined your high potential state. I'm deeply sorry. Plus you speak of being murdered by Puerto Ricans .... I spent some time in the pine Barron's down there for a camping trip and that was enough for me. Also the water you speak of seems most unfortunate my friend. I don't mind tellin any one about Maine surfing tho so just ask and I will share.

    Yes it is tosh and he is a great man. He really hits the nail on the head quite well when it comes to foul humor.

    I've conversed with cape cod dog he seems like a great man.

  5. #5
    Best waves are in Chatham. Dress up like a seal when you paddle out.. Look for birds diving, that's usually a sign of where the best waves are.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    741
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Best waves are in Chatham. Dress up like a seal when you paddle out.. Look for birds diving, that's usually a sign of where the best waves are.
    It's generally a sign of predatory fish.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    1,007
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Jersey is not on my list of desirable destinations I'm sorry to say. The jersey shore show I'm sure has just ruined your high potential state. I'm deeply sorry. Plus you speak of being murdered by Puerto Ricans .... I spent some time in the pine Barron's down there for a camping trip and that was enough for me.
    the pine Barron's? with a slight spelling correction (like, the Pine Barons), i think that will be the name of my next reality show.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Hello surfers. I'll be heading to the cape in early September and was wondering if anyone could guide me to some good public spots. I'll be in denisport. What spots are close to that. Any advice is nice and I'll gladly share my knowledge about Maine spots in exchange for yours. Thanks.
    If there is any north in the wind start heading north.. someone put it well about the 4wd because as much as I'd love to tell you THE spot to go to.. its just one gigantic beach, the peak shifts tide to tide day to day. Just go hunting you'll find something. Head of the Meadow is probably as far north as your going to want to go. Hope this helps, good luck.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Aww come on Kookie just PM, Charles, and tell him THE SPOT. Dude, it's not like he's going to go back home to Maine, and tell everyone there......and all of Maine's surfers will decide to move to Cape Cod.

    Since I have special powers, I'm pretty sure, Charlie, isn't the boastful type who's going to yap to anyone who'd listen aboot the sick bubs he scored on Cape Cod.....

    You can trust people from Maine. Really, I'm serious. They sit up there and look down on the madness further south and just smile.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Aww come on Kookie just PM, Charles, and tell him THE SPOT. Dude, it's not like he's going to go back home to Maine, and tell everyone there......and all of Maine's surfers will decide to move to Cape Cod.

    Since I have special powers, I'm pretty sure, Charlie, isn't the boastful type who's going to yap to anyone who'd listen aboot the sick bubs he scored on Cape Cod.....

    You can trust people from Maine. Really, I'm serious. They sit up there and look down on the madness further south and just smile.
    Head of the Meadow is not a surf spot its a well known beach.. saving the guy the expense of disappointment/gas as he goes north. Would never tell him about..

    the best spot called Crab Knees. It breaks on a West North-Eastward wind and a North coastal swell. The right tide is the night tide, you can get barreled by moonlight.

    Also there is Shoob Nazteas but watchout for the locals at low tide, they make boils so they're easy to spot. Line up with the big dune and the dune shaped like a tit to find 'the peak'.

    'The Peak' is the pointy part of the wave. Getting up is called poping. Whoever popes first gets the ride. Have fun and wear a helmut.. theres shacks in the wata.