LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wetsuit layering

Does anyone have experience with layering of wetsuits with something like the Xcel 2 mm long sleeve top with hood? Curious how much added warmth something like this could add to a 3/2 or 4/3 without a hood. It sounds like it could be bulky but any input would be great. Definitely a cheaper option than a new 5/4/3.

the "search" function is your friend. learn it. live it. use it.

insanely bulky.

Did the layering option for years, definitely bulky and uncomfortable. Finally, went with the 5/4/3 last winter, and very glad I did. Just look around for deals. Whiskey Militia always seem to have something available in wetsuits.

I do that with my 3/2 Excell when its getting chilly and moving towards the hooded 4/3 conditions. Dont really feel any bulk.

do you have a comparison with a 5/4/3???

It works in theory for warmth, but the loss of flexibility is not worth it.

You gonna look like the kid from A Christmas Story who couldn't put his arms down.

new Xcel 6/5 on here for $258 and they always have good deals on great suits, just got my new Rip Curl 3/2 from them

http://www.dogfunk.com/xcel-hawaii-6...RzdWl0czoxOjEz

Thanks for the responses and will look into the search function as well. A new suit is best but really didnt undertstand the best purpose for the xcel wetsuit top with a hood and if it would be useful