LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yeah bassplayer, I'm drumplayer

glad for you!!

Also glad I got some myself, had a blast yesterday at my spot, too.
    It wasn't ideal conditions, but there was definitely fun to be had and I made the most of it.
    I'm content.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Nice! Fun chest high light onshore waves in Maryland on Sunday. Sloppy, but pretty ridable.

This morning was much better: the wind was very light SW, clean conditions, and from 7-9 there were some waist to bigger lefts rolling in that had some nice long rippable walls. Got 3-4 good frontside turns on a few set waves.
    I second that. Had fun at AI, especially this morning before 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    IDK man, I believe it. In the summer it's all about knowing which spots pick up the smaller swells. Around here there are like 3 places that are my "go-to" spots when it's being forecasted as 1-3ft, only these spots pick up those swells normally, but what's funny is, you can literally walk down the beach, maybe a couple hundred yards from a spot that is breaking knee to waist and it will be absolutely FLAT. Not a car drive, a short walk. So It may be flat in your neighborhood but down where PJB is it might be waist high, it happens.
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    yeah it was probably knee high at best in long branch. you're full of ****
    Yeah I was out yesterday morning around there and it was small as hell, got 2 waves stomach high, other than that it stanked...but a buddy of mine was down by LBI and said it was amazing, I guess we got the short end of the stick

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    IDK man, I believe it. In the summer it's all about knowing which spots pick up the smaller swells. Around here there are like 3 places that are my "go-to" spots when it's being forecasted as 1-3ft, only these spots pick up those swells normally, but what's funny is, you can literally walk down the beach, maybe a couple hundred yards from a spot that is breaking knee to waist and it will be absolutely FLAT. Not a car drive, a short walk. So It may be flat in your neighborhood but down where PJB is it might be waist high, it happens.
    yeah that's absolutely true, funny how it all works. I just happened to walk by a random spot last month and got perfect stomach-chest high lefts, since then I've checked it every time there has been a swell and its been completely flat.

We had a blast Satuday too, long boarding. Early a.m. waves were pretty clean for a couple of hours, thigh high, occasional waist high sets. Then got choppy but still rideable. Lots of long boarders out, just enjoying the easiness of it all. Love that 83F water and 88F air. Gonna miss that in January

Images
    Yeah Spring Lake had like 3 (literally) waist high sets from 6-830 am Sunday, then it died super fast with the tide getting high. I just had my buddy shape a copy of the hypto krypto and im beyond anxious for a waist high swell.

Yesterday in Avalon frequent chest high sets with a couple of freaky head highs in there in the morning. Plenty of juice too. You just had to be in the right place. Stone Harbor had waist to stomach just a few miles down the road. A little nugget out of nowhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    yeah bassplayer, I'm drumplayer

Swellinfo band CD release party 2014! We're puttin' the band back together!
    Last edited by bassplayer; Aug 27, 2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: forgot quote

I was down a few beaches from someone on log.......rode my 7'6" Hobie.....early hrs had knee/waist wave every 20-30 minutes.....I switched to bodysurf after a couple hours......better quality w/o the board.......dolphin pod went by....crystal clear warm water.....bring on fall....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    yeah it was probably knee high at best in long branch. you're full of ****
    Probably knee high......are you just guessing or where you there?

South Jersey is better in these summer time minor swells. Plus, it's all cyclical and youse North Jersey types had your time this past winter. Now you suffer. Maybe youse guys' sandbars suck these days. And North Jersey doesn't even break unless it's four foot or over. HA HA you guys can't handle high tide on small swells !!! Long Branch sucks.........So does Allenhurst..........

HA HA you northerners got shown-up by Sea Isle City !! Strathmere in da house. I used to hide out in Chavez's area on special occasions. I kind of dig that area. One area reminds me of being in Pea Island cause you can park your car on the shoulder, right against the dune, step out your ride, and boom your on the beach.That's awesome. Especially since I have to walk down a trail through a jungle dodging foxes at my usuall spot. Yeah foxes, dudes, Jersey foxes.