Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Surf Trippin

  1. #1

    Surf Trippin

    I am planning a trip for next year for Central America. I live in Baltimore area and was wondering what the best bang for my buck would be. I have been to PR so many times that I have no idea where else to look. Nica? Any recommendations on places to surf/stay?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    4,078
    What time of year?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    2,496
    Images
    272
    El Salvador is hard to beat...direct five hour flight from DC, 90 minute ride from the airport in ES to a number of world class righthand pointbreaks that pretty much fire from April - October. The wave quality is unreal and its a cheap easy trip.

  4. #4
    1 week sometime between Feb - April. Mitch, i will check it out. Thanks guys!

  5. #5
    El Salvador looks great with pricing and the waves there but is facing directly south. is that an issue?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    I am planning a trip for next year for Central America. I live in Baltimore area and was wondering what the best bang for my buck would be. I have been to PR so many times that I have no idea where else to look. Nica? Any recommendations on places to surf/stay?
    I am going Saturday for 1 week; I will share my opinion when I come back.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    I am going Saturday for 1 week; I will share my opinion when I come back.
    Right on Barry. You flying boards down? If so WHAT BOARDS??!! (don't run away from this question this time Barry, I've got you cornered)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    2,496
    Images
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    El Salvador looks great with pricing and the waves there but is facing directly south. is that an issue?
    yes, that would be an issue in February and March. By April the southern hemis are working. we went in mid April and it was head high to well overhead every day. The points were absolutely reeling off...unreal.
    Last edited by Mitchell; Feb 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    8,387
    crowd factor?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    I am going Saturday for 1 week; I will share my opinion when I come back.
    Thank God! Maybe you'll come back with that frown turned upside down.
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Feb 24, 2016 at 01:54 AM.