LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Surfing Bucket List

So what on everybody's list of surfing feats/experiences before they kick it? Could be charging a certain world-class break or three, shotting the Honeyton pier, actually dropping in and carving a 23-foot face, moving to the coast, teaching your grand kids to rip, getting pinned (pitted) on three different continents, nailing a backside air in a speedo at an overcrowded VA Beach, or anything else that blows your hair back.

Think big brahs. Hindu-sized dreams. Put it out there for us to hear. In a way, it's making a promise to yourself to achieve that echelon of greatness or infamy. After all, at the end of the day, the only one you need to answer to is the man in the glass. Tell us your most legendary surf aspiration and then go make good on that pledge!

never to post more then 1200 posts on a surf forum in well under 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver1231 View Post
    never to post more then 1200 posts on a surf forum in well under 6 months
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Amen to that.
    Your catching on Yanky

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Your catching on Yanky
    Come on Wayne, tell us yours.

Images
    I have crossed off most of my "bucket list". I have moved to CA for 10 years to surf everyday. Traveled all over mexico, the whole west coast, Hawaii. I have surfed the biggest waves that mexico and CA have handled in the past 2 decades. Done a few comps. Got my photo it in a local San Diego magazine back in 2010. I have pretty much lived my dream. Now I have a 2 year old and I moved back to the east coast to continue living by the sea...

When my daughter gets older, I would LOVE to get over to Indo. The land of the perfect lefts. But I am content to wait on that. I don't really have much need or want to go to OZ or the African coast. But I would like to hit up Europes coastline... Surf the south of France while the wife drinks wine... But I would have to say going on a boat trip to Indo would be my #1 that is still left.

Cloudbreak and Pavones.
    (Disclaimer: I'd probably get smashed at Cloudbreak but I need to go. I need to try)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Cloudbreak and Pavones.
    (Disclaimer: I'd probably get smashed at Cloudbreak but I need to go. I need to try)
    Okay, I will have to agree with you and ad Pavones to my list as well. A few mile long left hander that requires a vehicle to pick up and and drive you back to the point belongs on every goofy's bucket list. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Okay, I will have to agree with you and ad Pavones to my list as well. A few mile long left hander that requires a vehicle to pick up and and drive you back to the point belongs on every goofy's bucket list. Well played.
    +1, I NEEEEED a perfect mile long left!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Cloudbreak and Pavones.
    I would so charge cloudbreak