LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Agreed... Every time I have been in the NYC stores they are packed. I'm sure they are the busiest locations
    I don't know the numbers.... but being packed has a way of not being reflected in the sales numbers. especially in the window shopping capital of the world.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post
    Ever since a good buddy of mine started repping for the 'bong, he's spent more and more time on the road (often inland) and out of the surf. Surf Company Rep is NOT the job of choice for folks who actually want to spend lots of time in the water.

I'll bet other folks on here can confirm this as well...
    depends on your region. If you are a west coast rep, you have a pretty nice lifestyle. In the Nixon and Ripcurl offices in SoCal, they have a quiver of about 20 boards waxed up on a rack on the wall with about a dozen wetsuits hanging for the "lunch break"

In a niche market, a retail store mostly carrying a single brand of products sounds like an awful idea. But then again what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    He will come back from Indo with about 20 pairs of boardies and 10 knock-off sunnies and you will be good for two years. The indo knockoffs are rather impressive.
    I wouldn't mess with knock off sunglasses. Cheap lensess and fake uv protection sticker = screwed up, sun-fried eyes.

haha that's what I do, buying brandname quality stuff cheap....

btw, whoever bought the last 2/2 shorty from Dix sporting goods last week hosed me over.. order was cancelled !

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Just do what I do and go into Ross, or TJ Max or Marshalls and buy the $60 boardies for $10. They may be a year old, but they are cheaper than walmart shorts and you still get the quality and branding, just a year out of date.

Or if you have a lot of friends that surf, just wait until your buddy goes overseas and give him like $40. He will come back from Indo with about 20 pairs of boardies and 10 knock-off sunnies and you will be good for two years. The indo knockoffs are rather impressive.
    Last edited by Kuono; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: naughtiness

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Buy your surf clothes from, JETTY.
    surf "clothing" brands, that don't make surf products...

Let's have that discussion. someone else go first.

Kuono, mine showed up at the office today
    Last edited by leethestud; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:31 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    surf "clothing" brands, that don't make surf products...

Let's have that discussion. someone else go first.
    I am not a fan. I live on an island that has 3 "surfshops", none of which actually sell ANYTHING related to actual surfing. No fiberglass/resin kits. No shortboard leashes, no stomp pads, no wetsuits... The only thing they have are $5.00 sex waxes. So fu**ing lame. I agree that there should really be no market for companies who produce "surf clothing"... Quik and companies like that are great, but I won't be buying some random "San Diego Surf Co." that a few bros put together with a screen printing machine in their garage... If you make quality surf equipment, I will probably rock a tee shirt or something... but in an already bloated market, we don't need anyone else selling sh** within their community when they do nothing to give back to it.

Jetty does tons for the NJ community. They have organized contests for charity for years and gave a bunch in money and elbow grease for Sandy relief efforts... They have also made grass roots efforts to reach into Philly and beyond with sponsoring some cool events/shows. Definitely hard workers. I'd much rather give loot to a company like that than Billabong or Quiksilver personally, even if they don't make surfing 'hard goods'.
    Last edited by WLP215; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: can't type today

Not to sidetrack the thread back to anything Billabong, but there are a bunch of wetsuits, gloves & booties by Billabong on heavy markdown at whiskeymilitia at the moment.

billabong springsuits were marked down in my local surf shop. Guess they wanted to get rid of em fast before they get the other shipments in for this fall.