LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Billabong declared worthless... it was only a matter of time

Billabong brand might just be a part of surfing history soon.
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/27/news/billabong/

"The company closed 93 of its stores this year and has plans to shutter more."

100+ stores? No wonder they're struggling!

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    "The company closed 93 of its stores this year and has plans to shutter more."

100+ stores? No wonder they're struggling!
    lol... there is absolutely no reason to have a billabong store in manhattan.

Images
    probably get bought out by some large parent company that could care less about surfing...

at first I was shocked, then I thought about the last time I actually bought a billabong product... been a while. Blame me, I guess.

They sold off Dakine, which I would have thought to be one of their stronger brands. 100+ stores worldwide doesn't seem like all that many when you factor in the other less surfing oriented brands like Element. My guess is they will survive...maybe the Aussie gov't will bail 'em out!

Images
    Invest now, while their shares are only worth some pocket change?

the problem is after they reached their high they are starting to come down.100+ stores and growing number of surfers seems like we should open more stores to meet the commerce.i dont have any billabong products or clothing.why buy $60 boardshorts when you can get 10 pairs of boardshorts for $50 at walmart.i hate worldmart by the way,buts its cheap and im broke.my little rich buddies growin up used to wear volcom,and i never knew what it was,then i find out later its a surfing company.if you got the money to wear it,go ahead.but most people cant afford it.surfshops biggest revenue comes from selling clothing.not everyday people walk into a surfshop and buy 3boards at a time.i have a surfshop right around the corner from my house and every time i stop in,its dead empty and the workers are watching surf movies.business is bad.im fashionably incorrect,i look at it like do i want to have a full tank of gas or buy 1 tshirt from eastern lines?

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    the problem is after they reached their high they are starting to come down.100+ stores and growing number of surfers seems like we should open more stores to meet the commerce.i dont have any billabong products or clothing.why buy $60 boardshorts when you can get 10 pairs of boardshorts for $50 at walmart.i hate worldmart by the way,buts its cheap and im broke.my little rich buddies growin up used to wear volcom,and i never knew what it was,then i find out later its a surfing company.if you got the money to wear it,go ahead.but most people cant afford it.surfshops biggest revenue comes from selling clothing.not everyday people walk into a surfshop and buy 3boards at a time.i have a surfshop right around the corner from my house and every time i stop in,its dead empty and the workers are watching surf movies.business is bad.im fashionably incorrect,i look at it like do i want to have a full tank of gas or buy 1 tshirt from eastern lines?
    yeah.... in general surfers are not usually flush with cash.

100 + stores???? I didn't realize that Poland and Switzerland are such hot surf spots. Guess I need to alter my vacation plans.