LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I opened this thread thinking it was about beer.

I was let down.
    I wish this thread was about beer.

I did question whether my name was in an article anywhere. Just typed in google and only found this:
    http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/...James/16553462

I am not that popular in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I wish this thread was about beer.
    +1 Would be much more interesting

is beer becoming the new yuppie trying to be tougher fad like harleys and jeeps?

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    is beer becoming the new yuppie trying to be tougher fad like harleys and jeeps?
    Who's a yuppie?

jsut wondering. a few years ago the yuppies embraced harleys to try and look tougher then it was jeep. now it seems that beer is in the sights.

or is beer a hipster thing and not yuppie?

jsut wondering. a few years ago the yuppies embraced harleys to try and look tougher then it was jeep. now it seems that beer is in the sights.
    I know what you mean about the Harley's and Jeeps, not so much on the beer though, I think most men enjoy a cold one

yeah but the old standards. bud, miller, natty boh, olde E.

yeah but the old standards. bud, miller, natty boh, olde E.
    Yeah most dudes, but this dude prefers a Modelo Especial, Sam Adams Summer Ale or Octoberfest, I'll also take a Corona, Dos Equis, Leinenkugel, Heineken, or Guinness Black

The yuppies are still drinking martinis and the hipsters are sticking with PBR and their little sisters' jeans.

The beer market is exploding and is actually gaining ground on wine. Beer has actually been labeled as the "new wine," as more and more people are reaching for the bottle instead of the glass these days. Beer (for the most part) is less expensive than wine, it comes in more varieties and a serving of beer has more volume than a serving of wine. It's a win-win and I'm ****ing pumped! Restaurants are beefing up their beer selection and breweries are getting more creative. For instance, Rogue Brewery has created a Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale and Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter ale. What do you get with wine? Red, white or red? Come on!

I'll break out the Natty Boh every once in a while (Baltimore roots), but I mostly stick to IPAs these days. Still hooked on Stone's IPA.
    Last edited by dlrouen; Aug 28, 2013 at 03:15 PM.