LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for used winter surfing wetsuits and hoods, 7mm, 6mm, 5mm, maybe some 4mm

If you're thinking of throwing your old torn wetsuit away, I can give you some money for it.

Thanks.

what size?

I have a used Xcel 5mill I'm looking to unload to a worthy home.

Quote Originally Posted by krl0919 View Post
    what are you asking for it?

Got wetsuits

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    If you're thinking of throwing your old torn wetsuit away, I can give you some money for it.

Thanks.
    I have a hooded 5/4 Wavelength and a 4/3 O'Neill winter suit for cheap call or text me,I can ship it. James 516.633.6861

QUOTE=aka pumpmaster;186181]what size?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by krl0919 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neptunehui View Post
    I have a hooded 5/4 Wavelength and a 4/3 O'Neill winter suit for cheap call or text me,I can ship it. James 516.633.6861
    Thanks to those of you have offered some help to me in my quest to get some scraps of wetsuit neoprene to sew into my hood and/or a good winter hood to replace my aging hood.

I will meet up with a guy this week and probably buy his hood and if it doesn't fit I will simply go to Rip Curl and buy an F-bomb hood.

Another guy in Rhode Island has said that he will ship me some square footage of neoprene - like 5 or 6mm - it hasn't arrived yet but I'll give it another week or so before I worry about it.

Most of you may have wetsuits that are too GOOD to rip up into pieces. If I pay 50.00 for a wetsuit, I simply consider it as an ok price to cut it up into pieces. If you think a poor surfer would do better, just hold onto it, there's always someone out there who needs a wetsuit in a pinch. If you think it's a worthless wetsuit and shouldn't be in the ocean and is also unfixable, that's when I would be a buyer for the scrap material.

However, that said, I wear a XXL wetsuit in size. My chest is about 42" or so and my waist is about 37" before a session. I am 6' 192 lbs. I cannot force an XL suit or smaller onto my body.

Now that neptune, krl0919, and pumpmaster know my size, you would have a better idea whether I can wear your suit or whether I would need to cut it up into scrap. I DO have an aging 4/3. Hopefully, the stuff will arrive from Rhodie and I can relax for another 10 years. My winter wetsuit is an almost one-of-a-kind Rip Curl Slickskin Steamer. It's extremely comfortable and very thick. Surfing in it is like surfing in a fur coat. It refuses to die. Some day I will probably be in the market for one of the new, stretchy thin ones though so we'll see. By the way, since I don't mind tighter wetsuits that don't stretch - is it pretty much ok to buy a diving suit? Perhaps I should buy a backup - like a Henderson 7mm - just curious. I'm not really that worried about the price of a wetsuit - it's the warmth I need. I get really cold in the ocean during my 12 or so winter sessions that I put in.

Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchieLeWave View Post
    I am 6' 192 lbs. I cannot force an XL suit or smaller onto my body.
    That's wild, those are my stats exactly except I walk right into a large or xl of almost any wetsuit manufacturer. The modern stretchy ones are designed to be tight, ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    That's wild, those are my stats exactly except I walk right into a large or xl of almost any wetsuit manufacturer. The modern stretchy ones are designed to be tight, ya know...
    They say muscle weighs more than fat...don't know if that's true or not

akapumpmaster: gracias, man.

Hang my head in shame: I'm actually an Extra Large (XL)

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    To leethestud, Mad Atom, and others, I'm glad leethestud challenged me on this one. I just checked my wetsuits:
    My Quiksilver 4/3 fall suit is an XL/54 (I have no idea what the 54 means).
    My Rip Curl 7/5 winter suit is an XL.
    The Rip Curl is almost impossible for me to get either on or off. I must use water to
    lubricate or I risk a frigging hernia. The Quiksilver might be more modern although it is probably
    NOT as stretchy as your own suit (perhaps I could swing a large on in your own personal wetsuit).
    The Quiksilver is really comfortable. So I have two wetsuits that are the opposite - the winter one
    is tight and not stretchy and hard to get on and off but comfortable once it's on and the Quiksilver
    is easy to put on and off and kind of loose and stretchy.

So I was wrong about the XXL.

But I had this same conversation with a guy this week who is 6'3" and 190 lbs. He wears a large but his
    chest is only 37". My chest is at least 42" or larger and my shoulders are large and my arms are 17 1/2"
    at the bicep. But I don't have much muscle on my chest since I haven't lifted weights for years so I
    don't weigh much for how large my body is. But my body is almost entirely bone and muscle. I do not
    have much fat on me. That's why I'm so cold in the winter out there, and I always start thinking about the Titanic sinking (28 degrees) during my winter sessions (like January - March I mean). But I am in the mood to put some beef on my chest so soon my chest will be about 44" and I will weigh close to 200 lbs. That way I can shorten up a little on my length of shortboard since I'll be tippy-forward on entry into the wave! Whenever my chest gets bigger, I catch more of those east coast spilling breakers (like an extra 200 lbs of force on my back to contend with). East Coast surfers need some serious chest muscle - trust me!

My ex-girlfriend took off to Oregon and I never heard from her again - too bad, she was gorgeous! I must admit I kind of worried about her all these years - I hope she's doing well!

Apparently, my muscle and bone are as light as fat like Mad Atom wonders.

I MUST DO A PENANCE FOR SUCH MISINFORMATION - my apologies but thank you for enlightening me about the wetsuit sizes.

Brings up an interesting story. A young woman said she wanted to surf and so she needed to buy a wetsuit. She asked me which one to buy. I said how would you like to buy the wetsuit used by the best surfer who ever lived, Kelly Slater? She looked at me like, "Jesus Christ, of course I want that one". I said, "Now you know what to buy - a Quiksilver". My first wetsuit was an Xcel 5/4 but I beat the daylights out of it surfing really long sessions in terrible conditions - sometimes 6 hours in 33 degree water. I survived but got really sick once.

All right, so I have to stop into a surf shop and try on a Large and join the crowds of 6' - 6'4" surfers who weigh like 180 - 220 lbs. I'll do it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ScorchieLeWave; Sep 4, 2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: misspelled word

I need a 5 mil or 6 mil with or without a hood