LOGIN | REGISTER

surfing beaches.

Is there surfing beaches now??
    I forgot when they start.

(OCMD)

Images
    yep, surfing beach are in effect for ocean city, md starting this weekend.

F**K!!!!!!!!!!

Surfing beaches are completly useless, they need to take into consideration what sandbards are breaking well, and also widen the "surfing zone". I dont even bother checking the surfing beaches, i just surf early or late in the day.

hey, thanks Captain Obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by chong View Post
    hey, thanks Captain Obvious!
    so why cant we do something about it !

Images
    They gave you OC inlet as a daily surfing beach... should be stoked on that even if it is a zoo.

They would never have a roaming surf beach, where they make up the surfing beach from day to day.

Surfing beaches...

They do the same thing in NY, too during the "on season". There are dedicated year round "surfing beaches" and then rotating "surfing beaches".

I avoid the entire fiasco and just suck it up, depending on tide, winds, etc and go out before 9:00 or after 5:00 during the summer.

The beaches around here also separate bodyboarders from surfers because they consider bodyboarders "swimmers" LOL - thanks to the huge number of people who pick up beach toys at Wal*Mart before trekking down to the beach. However, it's perfectly fine for all of the people who stop by such and such surf shop and pick up a foamie, don't take a lesson and wreak absolute havoc.

I love summer weather and the warm water, and I've reaaalllllllly come to appreciate those sunrise/sunset sessions during the on-season.

It's also too bad that erosion has eaten up a lot of the unguarded spots that I loved 10-15 years ago.

Images
    In Manasquan, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Belmar, Point Beach... They all have designated surfing beaches. 9-5 the rest of them are closed while guards are on. But when the sun is up at 5:30 and sets at 9. There is plenty of time to surf wherever you want.