LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I found a video that basically sums up the way those of us have suffered through this flatspell feel:
    (minus paddington ofcourse... he's been shredding knee high shorebreak all summer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTU4dKpoB8

U look good there Fitz, nice tighty whiteys.

Images
    Holy shoot, me and Mr. Sniffer just posted something at the same time(not this message you dimwits, the one posted before his) .........wow, does this mean we are cosmically bonded? Maybe our menstral cycles will coordinate? That's totally awesome........

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    pura vida Yankee! where are you headed?
    Thanks 'bat, pura vida right back atcha amigo....... can hardly wait to get outta here & get there. North coast, Guanacaste province.

Now that's a forecast....
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/costa-rica-north

I read somewhere that on October 18th 2031 we will get a sweet cane swell that will send overhead surf to everyone from FL to Maine. Mark your calendars, clear your schedule and wax up your board, only 18 years to go.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Thanks 'bat, pura vida right back atcha amigo....... can hardly wait to get outta here & get there. North coast, Guanacaste province.

Now that's a forecast....
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/costa-rica-north
    look at that long period swell for wednesday! and such light winds...you wont even get your hair wet paddling out! been down to playa grande a couple times over the past two years. last time had crazy strong offshores that made it pretty stout

if you are in PG, i have some dining recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    look at that long period swell for wednesday! and such light winds...you wont even get your hair wet paddling out! been down to playa grande a couple times over the past two years. last time had crazy strong offshores that made it pretty stout

if you are in PG, i have some dining recommendations
    Gracias, 'Bat-mon. Won't be in PG, will be in the other PG. And you're right about those light easterlies, sweet as. When I was there in October last year, I hit massive winds as you experienced. Actually blew 3 newbs from Alaska on their surfboards out to sea. Boat rescue, the works. Not wise to mess with 50 mph offshore gusts!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I read somewhere that on October 18th 2031 we will get a sweet cane swell that will send overhead surf to everyone from FL to Maine. Mark your calendars, clear your schedule and wax up your board, only 18 years to go.
    Aw man... I can't surf that day... Family obligations.

The oscillation is favorable for development for the first two weeks of September, but there is continuous dry air being blown off the sahara inhibiting development. After we make it into mid September we get hit with a very unfavorable oscillation.

I think it's very probable to say if we see nothing develop over the next week or two we can hang up our chances of getting a cape verde storm this year. That doesn't mean we won't see those storms that form between the carribean and bermuda spin up and give us some swell though.

Images
    I've been monitoring the tropics closely, and still nothing super promising show on the forecast charts. There are 2 waves off of Africa to monitor, but none of them show great promise right now. At the very end of August, beginning of September, you are almost guaranteed to see something, so its starting to get a little disturbing

Mixed feelings about hurricanes after last two years in Long Beach
    NY.