LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    My friends. Let this thread die. If you rip you rip if not then you cruise. Fins won't change that stop lying to yourself. This thread is emembarassing. Fins are just fins. Kooks. Wisen up. Sorry for the foul language. Peace.
    i beg to differ... with junky weak cheap fins, you will not get the performance that you should as compared to the Marzo's i just got. so fins are just not fins.

I agree, you can "push off" a stiffer fin (100% fiberglass) better in weak waves, but main difference I've noticed is in "cant". Super canted fins need to the board to be put heavy on the rail in order not to slow it down. That's why I generally prefer more vertical fins on slower waves - they glide better. Some people say it's all too negligible to matter, but when you're grovelling, everything adds up

Anybody who says fins are fins and don't matter is in fact the real kook, sorry for the language.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    I agree, you can "push off" a stiffer fin (100% fiberglass) better in weak waves, but main difference I've noticed is in "cant". Super canted fins need to the board to be put heavy on the rail in order not to slow it down. That's why I generally prefer more vertical fins on slower waves - they glide better. Some people say it's all too negligible to matter, but when you're grovelling, everything adds up
    cant doesn't mean a damn thing if your fin is too soft to maintain it's shape against the pressure of a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    My friends. Let this thread die. If you rip you rip if not then you cruise. Fins won't change that stop lying to yourself. This thread is emembarassing. Fins are just fins. Kooks. Wisen up. Sorry for the foul language. Peace.
    lmao...a surfer who can't feel differences in equipment is no surfer at all.

in other words, a kook.