LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    FCS MR-TFX fins appear to be the biggest side fins available from either company. They're significantly bigger than Futures biggest side fins: the MTF (although I think they're now named "AMT"...same fin).

T1 is smaller than those, but a good compromise...especially since they're easier to find and cheaper (used).

anyone ever try these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ventral-HC5-...item3cd36f01b1

locally i have heard good things. good things as in cheap and big improvement over basic plastic fins..

i just bought the john johns and threw them on my 5"8 and absolutely loved them. good drive and nice easy release off the lip.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    anyone ever try these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ventral-HC5-...item3cd36f01b1

locally i have heard good things. good things as in cheap and big improvement over basic plastic fins..
    idk, I personally would not buy those just based on the fact I couldn't find any information on the company. All honeycomb fins are hand made/hand sanded, even from the big brands, and can vary in quality control, so I'd expect to get some factory 2nd looking crap from a vague brand (probably 100% chinese).

Anyone ever try kinetik racing quads? Either the X4 Quad or the Joel Parko quads?

Images
    Found a good deal recently on the Parko quads online for $75. Cant remember the site, but you can google them and find it. Havent surfed them yet, so cant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    idk, I personally would not buy those just based on the fact I couldn't find any information on the company. All honeycomb fins are hand made/hand sanded, even from the big brands, and can vary in quality control, so I'd expect to get some factory 2nd looking crap from a vague brand (probably 100% chinese).
    they have a website, looks semi legit. getting my first quad shaped right now, and just would like not to spend like $100 on a set of quads if possible. i saw the fins in person this weekend, and to the naked eye the looked solid. the dude who surfed them is a good surfer and he had praise for them. maybe worth a shot..maybe not.

Images
    o.k., I couldn't find anything on ventral, but I see they're made by dorsal...still wouldn't buy them online based on my exp with even big name rtm/hexcore. I'd have to inspect the actual set I was buying at a brick & mortar shop.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    o.k., I couldn't find anything on ventral, but I see they're made by dorsal...still wouldn't buy them online based on my exp with even big name rtm/hexcore. I'd have to inspect the actual set I was buying at a brick & mortar shop.
    smart call; the only fins i'll buy sight unseen are from SOAR australia & True Ames. both have killer customer service & quality control that is top-notch (above & beyond the "big 2").

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    smart call; the only fins i'll buy sight unseen are from SOAR australia & True Ames. both have killer customer service & quality control that is top-notch (above & beyond the "big 2").
    i am a big true ames fan but can't find quad fins i like. suggestions? i need quads and would like to not spend $100.