LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    494
    Images
    1
    FCS MR-TFX fins appear to be the biggest side fins available from either company. They're significantly bigger than Futures biggest side fins: the MTF (although I think they're now named "AMT"...same fin).

    T1 is smaller than those, but a good compromise...especially since they're easier to find and cheaper (used).

  2. #22
    anyone ever try these?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ventral-HC5-...item3cd36f01b1

    locally i have heard good things. good things as in cheap and big improvement over basic plastic fins..

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    lavallette
    Posts
    5
    i just bought the john johns and threw them on my 5"8 and absolutely loved them. good drive and nice easy release off the lip.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    494
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    anyone ever try these?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ventral-HC5-...item3cd36f01b1

    locally i have heard good things. good things as in cheap and big improvement over basic plastic fins..
    idk, I personally would not buy those just based on the fact I couldn't find any information on the company. All honeycomb fins are hand made/hand sanded, even from the big brands, and can vary in quality control, so I'd expect to get some factory 2nd looking crap from a vague brand (probably 100% chinese).

  5. #25
    Anyone ever try kinetik racing quads? Either the X4 Quad or the Joel Parko quads?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    365
    Images
    4
    Found a good deal recently on the Parko quads online for $75. Cant remember the site, but you can google them and find it. Havent surfed them yet, so cant comment.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    idk, I personally would not buy those just based on the fact I couldn't find any information on the company. All honeycomb fins are hand made/hand sanded, even from the big brands, and can vary in quality control, so I'd expect to get some factory 2nd looking crap from a vague brand (probably 100% chinese).
    they have a website, looks semi legit. getting my first quad shaped right now, and just would like not to spend like $100 on a set of quads if possible. i saw the fins in person this weekend, and to the naked eye the looked solid. the dude who surfed them is a good surfer and he had praise for them. maybe worth a shot..maybe not.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    494
    Images
    1
    o.k., I couldn't find anything on ventral, but I see they're made by dorsal...still wouldn't buy them online based on my exp with even big name rtm/hexcore. I'd have to inspect the actual set I was buying at a brick & mortar shop.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    o.k., I couldn't find anything on ventral, but I see they're made by dorsal...still wouldn't buy them online based on my exp with even big name rtm/hexcore. I'd have to inspect the actual set I was buying at a brick & mortar shop.
    smart call; the only fins i'll buy sight unseen are from SOAR australia & True Ames. both have killer customer service & quality control that is top-notch (above & beyond the "big 2").

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    smart call; the only fins i'll buy sight unseen are from SOAR australia & True Ames. both have killer customer service & quality control that is top-notch (above & beyond the "big 2").
    i am a big true ames fan but can't find quad fins i like. suggestions? i need quads and would like to not spend $100.