LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Ahh, got pennywise mixed up with NOFX. I must've burnt those braincells up somewhere
    All good, an equally great band as well, so either way you win!

I was rockin some old school Black Flag today

Images
    My girlfriend asked me which one I like better, SIX PACK. I hope the answer won't upset her, SIX PACK.

Images
    Hey how come it's like obligatory to be a surfer and like Pennywise? I'm just axing a question so don't youse guys go and get all bent and sh!t.

There was few of those bands from that era that had that status. I heard two songs from one of these bands, can't recall, but they had that "punk" label........And it was gay(as in happy) as heck. It was one of them NOFX, Pennywise surfer boy groups.....Punk? Man, you got to talk to Dale Johnson aboot punk. He'll out-obscure any of youse guys.

Man, you guys want to be cool? Well, listen to Black Sabbath, old Black Sabbath, the real stuff, and drink tons and do tons of drugs. Do this when you have serious life problems and have the serious blues. It's really effective then. That will make you cool.

Or if you want to be a little fake, listen to Marlyin Manson and hang out in grave yards........wear makeup........Be "dark and moody."

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Man, you guys want to be cool? Well, listen to Black Sabbath, old Black Sabbath, the real stuff, and drink tons and do tons of drugs. Do this when you have serious life problems and have the serious blues. It's really effective then. That will make you cool.
    Cool and homeless.

^ Enjoy

Hey how come it's like obligatory to be a surfer and like Pennywise? I'm just axing a question so don't youse guys go and get all bent and sh!t.

There was few of those bands from that era that had that status. I heard two songs from one of these bands, can't recall, but they had that "punk" label........And it was gay(as in happy) as heck. It was one of them NOFX, Pennywise surfer boy groups.....Punk? Man, you got to talk to Dale Johnson aboot punk. He'll out-obscure any of youse guys.

Or if you want to be a little fake, listen to Marlyin Manson and hang out in grave yards........wear makeup........Be "dark and moody."
    Not quite sure PJB, all I can do is speak for is myself on this one. I liked Pennywise and Punk music in general long before I surfed. I was a skateboarder 1st, and that's the type of music I fell in love with at the time, and still enjoy it today. However, the 1st CD every purchased was Metallica - And Justice For All, which today is still one of the greatest albums of all time!

Images
    I was introduced to punk one summer night when I heard Bad Religion's Automatic Man...I was surfing and sponging before I skated, so prior to that, I was listening to the Dead and the Pearl Jam stuff that was around. Anyway, that night, after hearing Automatic Man, we went and skated till like 4 a.m. Then I stumbled upon Pennywise, Guttermouth, other 90's punk 'revival' bands(it was well timed with my adolesence), then I started getting into the bands that influenced them, the Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Agent Orange, etc. Idk man, something about the speed and intensity of that music for me aligned perfectly with what I felt in the water. Plus, with the timing, it went well w/ my 'teenage angst'.
    Never really got into the english-y sounding stuff. I still love those good rock and roll bands PJB.

Images
    Ok , I just gave that a listen. I apologize because it wasn't the band I heard. It was of them bands that surfers seem to flock to, though, just can't recall who.

Yo, Seldom, there was this one Agent Orange album that had like four or five kickarse songs.

Yeah, been listening to this Pennywise stuff......nahhhh.

Ok, here's how it works. When I say something you like sucks......you don't get offended, you respond, " F You PJB you suck."

See that's how it works here in New Jersey. We don't get upset aboot that kind of stuff and we always insult each other.....

Just a little cultural lesson so we all get along.......so I don't have to worry aboot Rcarter luanching a second Civil War.

Man, you guys got to meet Dale Johnson from California. He has a punk fanzine, and he might be one of the greatest storytellers of this generation.

Ok , I just gave that a listen. I apologize because it wasn't the band I heard. It was of them bands that surfers seem to flock to, though, just can't recall who.
    Could it have been Screeching Weasel? Sublime? 311?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Could it have been Screeching Weasel? Sublime? 311?
    No, no and no.......

Nahh, it was one of them Guttermouth or NOFX types.......

Sublime is so weird. They seemed to be liked by such a diverse crowd. Like, dudes from the ghetto hate everything that has a guitar in it, but they loved Sublime. I like Sublime. Sublime likes me.